1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do, you're mistaken.

Check THIS out!

Let me give you a little teaser from the article:

Semco Performance brought a 465ci Pontiac engine to the AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge to go head-to-head with the bigger Fords and Chevys in the big-block class and took home the win by churning out more than 700 hp.

Pontiac Takes The Win at 2015 Engine Masters Challenge

I just love the smell of baked bow-tie in the morning.... :thumbsup: :D

Bear

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
If you do, you're mistaken.

Check THIS out!

Let me give you a little teaser from the article:

Semco Performance brought a 465ci Pontiac engine to the AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge to go head-to-head with the bigger Fords and Chevys in the big-block class and took home the win by churning out more than 700 hp.

Pontiac Takes The Win at 2015 Engine Masters Challenge

I just love the smell of baked bow-tie in the morning.... :thumbsup: :D

Bear
With that much HP you can bend the frame and if you bend the frame the car won't run right.
:)

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Where's Alky when we need him?
Right here.....biting my lip :blush:

Seriously I love the engine masters challenge and I think its awesome when any of the "off brands" wins one. I think its great that people are still finding ways to extract more power out of these "obsolete" engine designs. :leaving:

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
So does this mean Pontiac is a big block? ;)

Rules say "Normally aspirated domestic V8 production passenger car big block engine types only. Pontiac, AMC, Oldsmobile, Cadillac Pontiac, Buick, Ford FE, Ford 385 series including Boss 429, Chevrolet big block including 10.2-inch deck blocks and W Series, Chrysler B and RB Wedge permitted. Chrysler Hemi engine prohibited."

DISPLACEMENT
Minimum displacement 450 cubic inches. Maximum displacement unlimited. Cubic inch is calculated by bore x bore x stroke x 6.2832.

ENGINE BLOCK
Any domestic OEM passenger car block of an eligible engine type, or commercially available cast iron or cast aluminum aftermarket OEM replacement engine block permitted. Engine block must retain OEM cylinder bore spacing and OEM block angle.

NOTE: This class WILL use a cubic inch divider in scoring to
compensate for varied engine displacement. Scored test rpm range
3000-7000 rpm.

So, the Pontiac engine produced the most HP per CI as factored against the other engines. Other engines made more HP, but they also had more cubes to get there. Cubic inches rule, but a Pontiac engine has proven that it can pull the most HP per CI out of a single carbed engine. Isn't that called "efficient?" I call it PERFECT. :bannana:

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Stock Pontiac Block, KRE heads, 465 CID displacement. PH, we are about the same age, but Strato-Streak applies to the real Pontiac V8 built from '55 through '81.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts