Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my GTO dynoed today. Completely stock with no cooldown at all. Drove it 60 miles from my house straight to the back on the rollers. Got it done down at the dynoday Dynotuned Performance of Chesapeake, VA was doing today.

DTP is awesome, the owners both were impressed by my car as it was the highest dynoing 05 Goat they have done thus far out of 6 of them. My first pull was 338whp and 335wtq. 2nd pull 2 minutes later with no cooldown put down 341whp and 337wtq. I couldn't believe it. He (Brent) even showed me how to take off the GTO covers. I couldn't believe how easy that was. :lol:

Anyways time to start modding her now. Getting ready to cut-out the mufflers, and get Hurst shifter for it. Then some LT's and the tune for it. :party:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey guys, i am new but i have a 04 Gto, i am wondering if i can keep up(it is stock for now) with Trans Am's, and 2001 Cobra's?? Any advice besides pray? Also, would i benefit from a cam and is there any instructions. i would like to do it myself!

Thanks in advance

Blake

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
04BlkGto said:
Hey guys, i am new but i have a 04 Gto, i am wondering if i can keep up(it is stock for now) with Trans Am's, and 2001 Cobra's?? Any advice besides pray? Also, would i benefit from a cam and is there any instructions. i would like to do it myself!

Thanks in advance

Blake
You'll loose stock on stock..... yes you will deffinetly benefit from a cam but you will need the supporting mods to make it work (i.e. headers, cat-back, underdrive pulley -optional-, and a cold air intake). I've seen "cam only" cars reach and eclipse the 400 rwhp mark, keep in mind though, big cams do not do well in "street cars", they are a pain in the ass as far as driveability and fuel economy. There are some "how to's" on www.ls1tech.com, hope this helps. :cheers

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was looking at gettin that SLP makes, comes with a Cam and Heads, Part # 12226, is that gonna decrease mileage or driveability, i guess the same goes for the headers. ME and my g/f share a car and that is her #1 concern, and of course my concern is MORE POWER!!! :lol:

Thanks
Blake

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
04BlkGto said:
I was looking at gettin that SLP makes, comes with a Cam and Heads, Part # 12226, is that gonna decrease mileage or driveability, i guess the same goes for the headers. ME and my g/f share a car and that is her #1 concern, and of course my concern is MORE POWER!!! :lol:

Thanks
Blake
It's gonna be a choppy idle, and the headers/catback is going to be "loud", if it's both of your daily driver I would listen/try to drive to a car with similar mods and make a decision. Here is a short vid of my car idling....
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/getMe...cDIH5fLEznKWXhEDdcynh+jji2ceSQ== </url>
.....it should give you an idea, I have a video of my car actually driving/idling but the server is down.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What package then would you recommend i do??(bobcat package??) I can;t have it to choppy, and i assume if it is choppy that means less gas mileage. what about just heads. Just tell me what you recommend for my situation.

Thanks
Blake

BTW, what is done to your car???

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
04BlkGto said:
What package then would you recommend i do??(bobcat package??) I can;t have it to choppy, and i assume if it is choppy that means less gas mileage. what about just heads. Just tell me what you recommend for my situation.

Thanks
Blake

BTW, what is done to your car???
I don't have enough room on this page to tell you what's done to my car..... if I were you I would deffinetly do the 421 Bobcat package, it's simple and complete! Give me the pn of the one you want and I'll get a price for you.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
04BlkGto said:
I guess what i need to know is do you have heads and cam?? the SLP # 29028.. Thanks in advance. BTW what is your MPG and do you have Driveablity issues!??

Thanks for helping a newbie?!!
Blake
I do, beyond other things, have heads and a cam (a very, very large cam) but it's not the SLP stuff (too small ;) ) MPG around town is 10-15 and on the freeway it's around 20-25 (6spd). I know I'm being vague but I just don't like sharing my mod list.... sorry, but I do hope this helps! Check your pm's for a price!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.