Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I haven't run my stock A4 06 GTO at the track yet. It's way to hot right now in South Florida.

But guys have pulled anywhere from 12.9 and up depending on driver skill and track conditions.
It takes cool air, great driving, and good track prep, to get a stock GTO in the 12s.

But over at ls2gto.com several guys have run 12.9 in stock GTOs. But as you would expect it was done in cool air last winter.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
13.38 with my stock '04 M6 on stock tires. it's a lot about driver's skills with this car. i can beat most LS2s now with my Nittos and LTs with a 12.87

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I got a 12.895 in April of 2005. Then a couple of low 13's. Then the warm weather came and I ran some real low 14's and high 13's till I figured out that the car needs to really cool off. With at least an hour of cool down time, in the summer heat I was able to consistantly get mid 13's. I'm talking Fl hot humid air, where the temps were low 80's at best to low 90's at worst and the humidity was 65 to 95%.
With temps in the mid to low 70's that we get in the early fall here I was able to get 13.0-13.2 pretty consistantly.
My car was stock except for a couple of holes being added to the air box to allow the intake to breath better.It looks like the inlet to the air box is about 75% of the size of the inlet into the throttle body. I always took off the fuel rail covers and opened my hood scoops too.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
I had my very first time yesterday at California speedway in Fontana,hot and humid,going down it sprinkled,but anyway enough excuses, i ran 14.05 in the 1/4 mile,and best 60 was 2.2,best r/t was.097,my car is stock, a few holes in air box only,but I'll be ready for Sept, when hubby buys me a couple of DR's.i had a blast and can't wait to try to improve!:D
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
432 Posts
bluhaven said:
I had my very first time yesterday at California speedway in Fontana,hot and humid,going down it sprinkled,but anyway enough excuses, i ran 14.05 in the 1/4 mile,and best 60 was 2.2,best r/t was.097,my car is stock, a few holes in air box only,but I'll be ready for Sept, when hubby buys me a couple of DR's.i had a blast and can't wait to try to improve!:D
[/URL][/IMG]
Not bad for a banker. Now can I refi my 04 GTO for 6 years, 19,000 at under 7%

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.