Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Stock clutch?

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  oldsow 
#1 ·
How much horsepower is the stock clutch good for?

#2 ·
I would say barely the factory 400hp. I have 12k miles on my 06 and it is slipping and I pretty much baby the car. I'm kind of suprised it is slipping already. The clutch isn't bad, it just can't seem to handle 400 crank hp. I know most people on the boards don't even have there stock clutch anymore, most went with a Spec or an LS7. I'm waiting till after xmas to put in a LS7 clutch.

#3 ·
If you read the reviews, Spec is 50 - 50 good and bad.
The 2 I have seen have the best luck is either the LS7 clutch setup or a Textrailia.
I'm going with Tex myself. These GTO's were made in AUS, and they have had more experience with these cars than we have.
Thus Textraila, difftechnics, harrop, etc they work.

#5 ·
#6 ·
You might want to check out the RPS Clutch Stage 3+ Clutch.

#9 ·
If you all have read threads on the textrailia cluth you will find it cost a bit more, but it will take all you can give it and just keep going.
My buddy with a 2004 GTO called the other day and parked his goat in garage for a week. got it out and the spec was slipping to no end. He is gong with a Tex. I'm going with a TEX too. no since in fighting a new clutch. LS7 is good to a point. But if going to abuse it and go to track. Textrailia is the one.
Punch up some reviews on forums about them , I think you will see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.