Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is on the cobalt sight. There is a kid over there that thinks that his stock cobalt will blow the doors off of Mustangs, GTOs, SRT-8. He also thinks front drive is the best platform for racing. I dont think I have ever seen a more stupid person on line.

2008 SS/TC vs 2008 S2000 - Chevy Cobalt SS Forums

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Link didn't work for me, I'm guessing it was funny. Modded Cobalts can be bad mofo's. But the comment about front wheel drive being a better platform now that funny haha. I guess he don't watch too many professional races. He's might be one of those guys that slide around in a empty parking lot with baking sheets under his rear wheels.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cross-forum wars are frowned upon but since I've been prolific, I gotta see!

·
Banned
33 Posts
This kid needs a father to slap him around a little. I know if I said something that stupid when I was a kid my dad would have pounded my head good, and then I would have known how stupid and worthless I was. Nowadays a lot of these kids are little smoke blowers being raised by sissy hippy parents. FWD should be illegal because only a Hill Billy could design something so hick.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I asked him to come meet me for some runs. Gave a good example from the SCCA T2/T3 Runoffs. That other guy though should have been banned after his first post.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
EVEN IF MOTOR TREND WAS YOUR ONLY SOURCE AND YOUR CAR GUY IQ WAS IN THE LOW NORMAL RANGE, THERE SHOULD BE A BETTER CONCEPT OF REALITY IN PLACE.

I KNOW I LOVE OUR GTO'S TO DEATH, BUT I ALSO KNOW WHATS OUT THEIR.

I MEAN A 550 HORSE CADILLAC FOR EXAMPLE IS SCARY STUFF. NEVERMIND THINKING FRONT WHEEL DRIVE AND RACING ARE A MATCH.:willy:

·
Registered
50 Posts
not even gonna waste my time clicking over but lol!!!

They have some potential (from what I remember reading 13.7 @ 104 is about what they do stock) could surprise an 04 GTO from a roll probably. After having an F-body and now the SRT4 for a few years FWD is fun and all but only to a point. RWD is the way to go! :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One of those guys is trying to say that an LS1 F-body is not a low 13 Second car...
You'll love this quote from my boi......."and you say you dont believe that? aw man here we go let me explain some science to you junior.... class begins....

i dont car how much hp the damn ws6 makes. answer me this, it makes power to what rpm cutoff? 6k right? where is all the power at? low and mid right? now how about the cobalt? where is all the power hm? mid and high and where is the rpm cutoff? 6500 rpm..... we are on the freeway with a roll and the ws6 tacks off at 150 yes but it takes eons to get to it. 0-100 yea no problem because of the damn torque but the big as V8 and heavy ass frame slow that **** down after 100.

i thot you havin a "turbo integra" would agree kuz the V8 is outta the powerrange. go home and study at what ive just given you.... hope you do well my child"

·
Registered
155 Posts
You'll love this quote from my boi......."and you say you dont believe that? aw man here we go let me explain some science to you junior.... class begins....

i dont car how much hp the damn ws6 makes. answer me this, it makes power to what rpm cutoff? 6k right? where is all the power at? low and mid right? now how about the cobalt? where is all the power hm? mid and high and where is the rpm cutoff? 6500 rpm..... we are on the freeway with a roll and the ws6 tacks off at 150 yes but it takes eons to get to it. 0-100 yea no problem because of the damn torque but the big as V8 and heavy ass frame slow that **** down after 100.

i thot you havin a "turbo integra" would agree kuz the V8 is outta the powerrange. go home and study at what ive just given you.... hope you do well my child"
I even posted proof of times from High performance pontiac and Motor trend where motor trend ran a 13.4 @107 in a NON WS6 trans am. HPPontiac ran 13.13 @109 in a WS6 6 speed car bone stock. They will never learn over there.

But I see the light now! I should sell my WS6 and my GTO and buy a "balt" SS/TC because they are the ultimate racing machines(sarcasm)

·
Banned
33 Posts
I hate to admit it, but I have been getting smoked by these Cobalts and Neons left and right! It seems like the ones that don't challenge me are the ones which are bone stock, and the ones that do are guys who have done the work to make it quicker. I have a lot of respect for these cars, and have to say they are pretty quick. However, this kid in the article is a little weener.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts