Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too, I wasn't sure where the noise was coming from, but it's definitely the driver's side rear. The volume doesn't even need to be up for this; just needs some really low bass notes (CDs exhibit it more than radio). I was planning to take it in for a fix under warranty, but haven't yet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Had it once. only have 500 miles on the car though. i played with the seat belt height adjuster after i heard it. may be in there.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom said:
Had it once. only have 500 miles on the car though. i played with the seat belt height adjuster after i heard it. may be in there.

Tried that, but yesterday I left the radio playing on a song with low bass and climbed into the back seat. It's definitley that panel. I put my hand on the panel and the rattling went away and the stereo sounded much better.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a friend that ownes a company that sells sound deadening material, I'll have to talk to him and see what he can do for me. If this is a widespread problem maybe i can get him to come up with a kit to make a quick fix for us.

-Frank

·
Registered
185 Posts
fffernan said:
I have a friend that ownes a company that sells sound deadening material, I'll have to talk to him and see what he can do for me. If this is a widespread problem maybe i can get him to come up with a kit to make a quick fix for us.

-Frank
yeah, that and anyone can go to bestbuy or any audio store that sells car audio supplies and get dynamat, it's what professional audio installers use for vibrations, i'm considering some for my trunk, I have after market subs in the trunk and the license plate and spoiler rattles like non other

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lambertgoat said:
yeah, that and anyone can go to bestbuy or any audio store that sells car audio supplies and get dynamat, it's what professional audio installers use for vibrations, i'm considering some for my trunk, I have after market subs in the trunk and the license plate and spoiler rattles like non other
But I guess my point is, I shouldn't have to spend a dime on something that shouldn't occur with a factory stereo. Looks like Don Davis Pontiac's service dept. will be figuring out the solution.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Mine did that exact thing.

I took it in.

I thought it was that panel-- woulda swore by it, but it wasn't. The speaker was blown.

Warranty repair-- Replaced free for nothin'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts