Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
It's around 1800-2000 anything over 2000 and the tires start spinning and they won't stop until you let off the gas :willy:

B

·
0 Posts
Actually......you will NEVER reach the actual stall speed by holding the brake.

Torque converters are widely misunderstood and even harder to explain how they work and what they do. Most stock stalls are @ 1800 which is why the beginner converter (2800 stall with a 1.8 STR) is such a great gain. But if you really want to feel like you just got rear-ended at 150mph, get yourself a 4400 stall with a 3.0 STR (stall torque ratio). hehe, that sum-bish will show you what makes an automatic so great!

·
Registered
267 Posts
hey mike...if you realy want to get technicial...the cam has alot to do wth the actual stall... and get a vigilanty converter...i have tried a FEW and like that one the best :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
you prefer a vig over a yank thruster pro? for just starting out, sure go with the vig but if your really serious, like GTODEALER with his 15,000,000hp ride, then you want a yank, if not a Coan.

B

·
0 Posts
bah, GoodYear Slick, 28x10 with VHT. something will give, but it wont be traction!

:party:

·
Registered
267 Posts
:agree been there done that...break something,beef it up, go back to the strip, break someting else!!! can go on for {what seem like}ever !!!..BIG slicks are the most expensive mod you can bolt on a stock car !!!!

B

·
0 Posts
same problem I had with my 97 camaro, 98 camaro, 94 camaro, 95 vette, then I bought a cavalier to try and recoup the money I had lost racing.

B

·
0 Posts
yes, we hijacked like Jesse James did to trains......... oops.

rails are cool, and suicidal, but fun as hell !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts