Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member... Could anyone identify this GTO convertible frame code? The part number is 3864507 and the production code is 0355N1. The frame has the code for A.O. Smith stamped on it. I cannot locate the part number 3864507 in any reference book. Thanks.
.....Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also add that the frame is a replacement frame I bought for this 1966 GTO convertible in July 2005 from Sundell. I'm guessing it is an interchange frame as it is boxed and seems to match up the old frame very well. Just wondering what it came off of. Lots of bright folks out there...
0355N1

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I suspect it is an interchangeable convertible Chevelle frame... But I cannot find that number in the Chevelle reference manuals either.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Any chance you have a number on top of the frame rail behind the rear tire, drivers side?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a number up there but I didn't write it down. I thought it was a VIN from the original car and didn't apply.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
It is the vin. But I believe it should have the year and if it's pontiac, by looking at the numbers. Unless you're looking for different info...

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've heard that the 64 65 buick skylark and olds f85/cutlass used the same frame as well. Could be one of those maybe?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts