Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this strange rattling noise coming from my drivers side exhaust pipe. It only happens at certain low-rpms and only on the drivers side. I recently dropped the driveshaft and shattered my yoke, the damage has been repaired but I am worried that the drive shaft hit something up there. The shop that took a look at it didn't mention anything but who knows. Anyone got any ideas what this could be?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it sounds like its coming from the gas tank to be honest, the middle of the trunk. I'll check the wheel as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It IS the tailpipe, when I hold it steady it doesnt rattle. Seems stable but definitely not as secure as the other tail pipe (the driver side moves a bit more when I shake it than the passenger).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Loose Nuts

Oh no 68greengoat. "Loose nut behind the wheel?" Reply's: ". . . I'll check the wheel as well." Bwaaaaa ha ha ha! Classic! He probably knows Richard Hertz & Iva Biganus.:lol::rofl:
You check behind that wheel real good now ya' hear?!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be dead honest, I was just trying to be nice, I had no idea what he was talking about and figured it was beyond my knowledge, but I guess it was actually before or under my knowledge in this case.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts