Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Stroker exhaust manifold

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jared 
#1 ·
I may have overlooked a previous post/thread but hoping for some great advice on exhaust manifold upgrades for the stoker I'm putting in my Goat. The motor has the Kauffman high port heads with the round ports. I've tackled a few long tube header installs in my day and usually got by butt kicked along the way. I have seen some folks thing the Dougs' work well tho. I also have a set of OBX headers available for cheap. Just not sure if I want to take on that gorilla. I'm interested in the ramline oversized round port manifolds that copy the factory manifolds; not sure if the 2 1/2 collector will support the flow I need for the motor. Currently the ramlines production is shut down for at least six weeks. I've not found a set of shortys of block huggers... I will need to add a O2 sensor bong for EFI and thinking about dumps also. Not sure if I will stick with my current 2 1/2" pipe or need to upgrade to 3"?

OK folks - Let me know and thanks for plugging in.

#4 ·
I assume you mean Ram Air Restorations manifolds? You can check with Butler to see if they stock them. They have them listed on their website. I'm in the same boat as you. In the middle of an engine build that could probably benefit from headers but not really wanting to deal with the hassle for a street car. I'm leaving that piece until last so I have time to decide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.