Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
What is there problem? My book says 3yr Bumper to Bumper warrantee for Defects! I just got mine back from service still not fixed. I’m trying to be nice im already banned from 2 Dealers. I don’t see how strut rub is normal. I don’t have any suggestions except don’t call GM customer service and don’t pis off your Dealer!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah WTF??? My GM dealer treated me like a dumbfu#k when I showed up with a strut failure problem. I am only guessing that GM allows dealers to make bookoo bucks on sales but when it comes to anything warranty related (THE DEALER) better have it in reserves (FRONT END ON THE DEAL) to cover their [email protected] Which equates to the bottom line profit on a vehicle.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Gpr1200r said:
Yeah WTF??? My GM dealer treated me like a dumbfu#k when I showed up with a strut failure problem. I am only guessing that GM allows dealers to make bookoo bucks on sales but when it comes to anything warranty related (THE DEALER) better have it in reserves (FRONT END ON THE DEAL) to cover their [email protected] Which equates to the bottom line profit on a vehicle.
I think any warranty repair is paid to the dealer at a pre-determined price. Guess who sets that price? GM!!!

Things like the Chrysler mini-van transmission snafu a few years ago, dealers make out. Local Chrysler dealership had a guy that only replaced transmissions. He got proficient enough that he was beating the time allotted by GM, and the dealership made a LOT of money.

GTO's, heck half the techs that see one haven't seen any others, and anything they do takes a long time while they figure out how to do it. I'm betting there were very few training classes on our cars, either.

The local service manager in Charlottesville told me the other day they had replaced one rear end. He said he didn't know anything about a problem, but the guy with the car came in with a fistful of papers from forums like this and the TSB- - -he said he didn't have to do anything but order the guy a new rear end, and put it in. He seemed happy somebody helped him.

The bottom line is, forums like this provide an invaluable service for dealership personnel that will LISTEN!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.