Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Before I get dog-piled, yes I did try and research this topic but could not find an answer to my question. This is what I am looking at. I have issues with the stock shifter/tranny not wanting to go into 1st gear from neutral without having to go back into neutral and then try again.

Will any of the major short throw kits on the market (Hurst, BMM, Billet Pro) fix this? I'm not too terribly interested in shortening the throw, but I really want to fix the non-1st gear compliance. I'll get a short throw if it will take care of this. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I had the same problem with both the stock and a B&M shifter. I have just installed a GMM shifter in my 05. So far, the problem is gone.

Larry

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Hey everyone. Before I get dog-piled, yes I did try and research this topic but could not find an answer to my question. This is what I am looking at. I have issues with the stock shifter/tranny not wanting to go into 1st gear from neutral without having to go back into neutral and then try again.

Will any of the major short throw kits on the market (Hurst, BMM, Billet Pro) fix this? I'm not too terribly interested in shortening the throw, but I really want to fix the non-1st gear compliance. I'll get a short throw if it will take care of this. Thanks guys.

A friend of mine had the same problem on his 06 M/6 GTO. Swapped out the stock unit . No more problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts