Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a car that has taken it share of negative comments about it's bland styling - it sure does get a lot of compliments.

Seems like most every where I go, I get positive comments on this car. Lots of second glances too. Even driving down the road I get a thumbs up. Passed a 67 GTO today and he even game me a big smile and big thumbs up.

Pulled into the gas station last week, and the guy next door couldn't keep his eyes off the car. OK, lets hope he was just looking at the car. LOL But, he finally came over and asked me to pop the hood. He commented how great the GTO sounded and how great it was that GM had a RWD V8 car back in their lineup.

So yea, the styling may not be perfect. And, it may be missing a option or two. So although sales may of been dissapointing, I think based upon the positive feedback, I have confidence that the GTO has a future in the GM lineup.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This car's styling problem begins and ends with the GTO badge. GM slapped the GTO badge on it, and the automotive press beat them over the head because it doesn't look like a GTO and is not aggressive enough in styling. Had this car been a new Mercedes C55 AMG, they would have drooled over its understated sleek clean lines. Had GM gave it a new name, or just called it the G8 or something, they would have praised them for finally bringing out a Pontiac without cladding and extroverted styling to make a point. But with the GTO they have expectations the car doesn't meet. That doesn't make it bad at all. I think the styling is one of its good points! :cheers

Don't listen too much to the automotive press either. They definately have an anti-American company bias. They go out of their way to find problems with the domestics offerings, while glossing over the same problems from other companies.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Neo-GTO said:
This car's styling problem begins and ends with the GTO badge. GM slapped the GTO badge on it, and the automotive press beat them over the head because it doesn't look like a GTO and is not aggressive enough in styling. Had this car been a new Mercedes C55 AMG, they would have drooled over its understated sleek clean lines. Had GM gave it a new name, or just called it the G8 or something, they would have praised them for finally bringing out a Pontiac without cladding and extroverted styling to make a point. But with the GTO they have expectations the car doesn't meet. That doesn't make it bad at all. I think the styling is one of its good points! :cheers

Don't listen too much to the automotive press either. They definately have an anti-American company bias. They go out of their way to find problems with the domestics offerings, while glossing over the same problems from other companies.

^ ^ ^

What he said.

I like the looks. I figure that the fact that other people don't like it makes itr good for me...GM is giving away the 2004 models. I hope the same will be true for the 2005 models.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks and compliments!

I have had my black six speed for about two weeks. I get compliments on it's looks and style every day, which is how often I stop for gas :)

Just kidding, but I had a six speed honda accord before my GTO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts