Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to my car a couple days ago and noticed the driver's side front tire is getting flat and the passenger side had very little tread left. I figured since my car was out of commission with my starting issues, this would be a perfect time to order some new meat. I got a great deal on 2 245/45/17 Sumitomo HTR Z II tires. Anybody had experiences with these? I read quite a lot of good reviews on the other forum, but wanted some opinions here. Also, how do they look on our cars?

Also, I live in Miami, so dry traction is a major part of buying tires. Wet is not as much of an issue, considering I don't really drive in the rain.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ran them in an 275 40 18 on my 2002 Z28 and liked them!!

Recently had them (2) 275 40 18's on the back of my GTO but had to remove due to rubbing issues so not a lot of driving time..

If you get a good deal on them, go for it. On the front they'll be fine IMO..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had them installed on the front. So far so good!! They seem to grip very well and the ride feels so much smoother! I will see how they hold up in the long run, but for now, $200 shipped to the door for 2 tires seems pretty damn good to me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts