Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
It is odd. The Trans Am was about the same cost as my Goat, and they came with T-tops!:cool

·
Registered
182 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
It is odd. The Trans Am was about the same cost as my Goat, and they came with T-tops!:cool
It's all economics.. the exchange rate favors the Aussie's. So that a simple option would cost us more by they time the price for it all is converted.
I've had sunroofs on just about all my cars and I hardly used it. Damn sun here in FL is just brutal.. I would only use it at night sometimes.:cool

·
Registered
202 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
But the goat came with a WAY better interior IMO. Easyer to work on too. Oh and more rear seat and leg room. Oh and a better Stereo IMO. Oh and better Ergonomics IMO. Oh lol sorry, I just kept think of more stuff.

BTW I still love the T/A's and Camaro's!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I think it was a logistic reason. The cars take roughly 3 to 4 months to get over here and to their respected locations. I believe they kept the options available low due to the fact that GM is not used to a foriegn car that is limited productoon like this. The more options you have, the more picky a customer will be.

"I have to have a Blue/Blue, M6, with Nav, Sunroof, auto climate control, and the sports suspension"

"I have to have a Blue/Blue, M6, with Nav, No Sunroof, auto climate control, and the sports suspension"

You could lose a sale for 4 months because of a blasted sunroof. I think the timing and logistics of orders prompted the well equipped no options choices they provide now.

You add those types of request up and you have 30 to 40 cars lieing arounf that should not have been ordered and no one is willing to get becasue of available options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you would like a sunroof, aftermarket shops can get them installed. Finish Line in Cleveland,OH can install for roughly $1500. I'm sure there are other shops that can do it also. My dealership had one and it looked NICE!! Looking to have one installed in a few years ( still working and paying for increased performance ). I believe they install the Holden package.

·
Registered
202 Posts
People People People, sunroof's CANNOT be installed in our powerfull GTO's.....the sheer torque of our engines in a car with a sunroof would tear the car literally in half! I dont know about you but I dont want a bunch of our beautiful goats torn limb from limb!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
BlownGTO said:
People People People, sunroof's CANNOT be installed in our powerfull GTO's.....the sheer torque of our engines in a car with a sunroof would tear the car literally in half! I dont know about you but I dont want a bunch of our beautiful goats torn limb from limb!
I thought they were putting them in the Monaro's?

I doubt 400/400 would tear the car in half. If somebody wants to throw enough money into a sunroof, I'm sure it could be engineered correctly. It's not like a sunroof is the same as a convertible top- - -

·
Registered
18 Posts
BLOWN_GTO--- When I saw that at the dealership, emotion took over logic, never thought about since it was a new car sitting in their showroom floor, Someone does own it around here and its not me. THANKS for the retort. You saved me money and more importantly , my GTO!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
GTO_go_BLUE said:
BLOWN_GTO--- When I saw that at the dealership, emotion took over logic, never thought about since it was a new car sitting in their showroom floor, Someone does own it around here and its not me. THANKS for the retort. You saved me money and more importantly , my GTO!!!
HAHAHA, thank you for seeing my sarcasm! Im glad I saved your GTO from certain destruction lol!:lol:

·
Registered
364 Posts
There are cross members int the roof.

After a drive and the GTO was all nice and warm it began to snow. When I got out of the car and looked at the roof you could see the pattern of the crossmembers. The snow would not stick to the thicker parts that retained more heat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.