Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
I haven't done it myself, but I was talking to someone on LS1gto a few months ago that had it done by a certain company here in the US. He said it was very clean and well installed, and the pictures of it looked great. If I remember right it was around $3000... I'll see if I can find the info on it for ya or hopefully someone else on here knows of the top of their head.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RiceEater said:
I haven't done it myself, but I was talking to someone on LS1gto a few months ago that had it done by a certain company here in the US. He said it was very clean and well installed, and the pictures of it looked great. If I remember right it was around $3000... I'll see if I can find the info on it for ya or hopefully someone else on here knows of the top of their head.
Thanks RiceEater...would really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
83 Posts
My dealership salesman....the Biggest GTO fan I've met, told me the reason they're not offered is structural integrity...something about Torque and the construction of Dome.....Maybe he's crazy..... Just thought I'd Pass along :seeya:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Dont see how you would compromise the structural integrity of your car by cutting an opening in the roof. All the pillars, and the frame of the roof provide the structural rigidity for the body. The middle is just sheetmetal and fluff. There may be a center brace but I seriously doubt they would cut through that to install a sunroof.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah I really don't think he quite knew why.

If anything I would think it's because if you add a sunroof to the car, a LOT of tests need to be done to make sure it's installed safely. Now as we know the US Gov allowed GM to pass the GTO off as a slightly different version of the Grand Prix... but they told GM that if the GTO was changed too much from what the base model of the GP is then they would force the car to go through it's own testing procedures which would have delayed the release of the goat by most likely two years.

So would it have been worth it to wait for a 2006 release date on the first goat just to have a sunroof?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.