Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may have read I am most likely going to order a new GTO for my graduation present to myself here in a few months. I was wondering if anyone had heard if GM is putting in sunroofs as options for the 05? If not where might I go to have one cut and installed professionally? I know they add wieght and loose headroom, I am 6'7" so I know how prescious those 1.5 inches can be, and you loose some rigidity by adding them but this will be my grocery getter/everyday car so I want some amenities.

Any ideas?

· Registered
265 Posts
Don't Do It!

There has been at least one poster here that had a sunroof put in by the dealer and it was horrible.

When I first test drove mine, the sales guy told me that Pontiac would never be able to put one in because there is a "beam" right in the middle of the roof - you can see the ridge in the head liner. Even if you get passed that, he claims that the loss in rigidity -and- change in cabin pressure can result in the windshield popping out.

So if sunroof is a "must have" for you, I'd really suggest looking at a different car.

---Larry

· Registered
26 Posts
I'm also 6'7 and fit in the GTO pretty good. But with a sunroof I don't think I would make it. Just bought my wife a new car and we test drove on with a sunroof and I did'nt fit. Got in one without it and no problem. Skip it. We need all the head room we can get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.