Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may have read I am most likely going to order a new GTO for my graduation present to myself here in a few months. I was wondering if anyone had heard if GM is putting in sunroofs as options for the 05? If not where might I go to have one cut and installed professionally? I know they add wieght and loose headroom, I am 6'7" so I know how prescious those 1.5 inches can be, and you loose some rigidity by adding them but this will be my grocery getter/everyday car so I want some amenities.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Don't Do It!

There has been at least one poster here that had a sunroof put in by the dealer and it was horrible.

When I first test drove mine, the sales guy told me that Pontiac would never be able to put one in because there is a "beam" right in the middle of the roof - you can see the ridge in the head liner. Even if you get passed that, he claims that the loss in rigidity -and- change in cabin pressure can result in the windshield popping out.

So if sunroof is a "must have" for you, I'd really suggest looking at a different car.

---Larry

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw Holdens website where they have a sunroof as well as some other goodies not offered in the US. Why wouldn't these work if they are factory items?

·
Registered
265 Posts
NEW2GTO said:
I saw Holdens website where they have a sunroof as well as some other goodies not offered in the US. Why wouldn't these work if they are factory items?
They must have fixed the roof when they put "the real" dual exhaust in. :rolleyes:

---Larry

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm also 6'7 and fit in the GTO pretty good. But with a sunroof I don't think I would make it. Just bought my wife a new car and we test drove on with a sunroof and I did'nt fit. Got in one without it and no problem. Skip it. We need all the head room we can get.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My '04 GTO has a sunroof that the dealer had installed by a local shop. Very professional job--looks OEM. It's flush and, when the shade is pulled, just as quiet as not having one at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts