Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me an easy way to disconnect the wire connector on the sunvisor? My visor is handing limply and I have a new/used replacement ready to install bur cannot disconnect the wire plug on the old one. It seems to be locked and will not serparate by trying to pull it apart. Is some special tool needed? I am trying to avoid going to the dealer and paying an outrageous amount for this. Thanx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shouldn't need a special tool to remove the plug. I don't remember mine being hard to remove when I took my head liner out. Sometimes plugs can just get stuck together and might need to gently squeeze one side of the plug with pliers and gently wiggle them apart once you get the clip mechanism released or pried up (not sure what it looks like).

·
Registered
82 Posts
I couldn't get mine off either. The latch mechanism is practically invisible (as I recall). But there is a "tooth" on one side and you have to lift the retainer to get the tooth to slide out. I think I used a mini screwdriver and slid it into that side to release it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts