Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
501 RWHP & 469 RWTQ
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Supercharger Question

When are they going to come out with either the Magnacharger or ATI procharger for the 05 GTO. I want to put one on and get a Cam. According to the Tuner I should be at about 500 RWP or better with those 2 mods. I AM AT 375 rwp right now with just headers and CIA. :party:

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i am not too crazy about super charging an engine with your high compression,i have seen s/c push out head gaskets on lower compression engines....personaly i would go with a good head and cam pkg...just my .02 :cheers p.s. the s/c have a warrenty that will replace the gaskets put WILL NOT pay labor????

B

·
0 Posts
FLHT, there are 100's of guys running these blowers on the LS motors and having no problems. As long as you dont up the boost, you will be fine. Most of these blowers are set at 4-5 psi and if you leave it at that, your fine, but if you get greedy and turn it up to 9, 12, or even 15 psi, BOOM!

·
Registered
267 Posts
i know for a fact that some ls1's are having this happen, and the ls2 have higher compression...belive me, i wish i was wrong... as i really wanted to go with a procharger..i have allways been a s/c and a turbo fan..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts