Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking to buy a GTO prefably Impulse Blue, the GTO has grown on me (been an '03-'04 Cobra fan for almost 3 years). but i guess im switching sides because the prices are in my favor and you can't go wrong with a much rarer car with hopefully lesser miles.

any issues with the goat? reliability? im serious about buying one, i have a good chunk to throw at it any help would be much appreciated.
California resident :cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
serpent said:
hey im looking to buy a GTO prefably Impulse Blue, the GTO has grown on me (been an '03-'04 Cobra fan for almost 3 years). but i guess im switching sides because the prices are in my favor and you can't go wrong with a much rarer car with hopefully lesser miles.

any issues with the goat? reliability? im serious about buying one, i have a good chunk to throw at it any help would be much appreciated.
California resident :cheers

so what do you drive now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nothing, flew in from socal (in norcal for the 4th),
i use to own a '97 240sx sold that and using the money to make a down for either a impulse blue GTO or a (highly unlikely sonic blue cobra).

·
Registered
67 Posts
serpent said:
nothing, flew in from socal (in norcal for the 4th),
i use to own a '97 240sx sold that and using the money to make a down for either a impulse blue GTO or a (highly unlikely sonic blue cobra).
If you want a brand new car get the GTO, if you find a good, low milage Snake it is a toss up , depending on your driving needs. At this point in time, I would be leaning toward the GTO. Overall, they are both good choices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went to a local pontiac dealership here in san jose california (stevens creek buick pontiac gmc) they had an impulse blue and the price they were firm with was 32,685, my brother and i's price was 31k, they couldnt even negotiate. not only that i guess since its a 0% they wouldnt offer and rebates or a military discount.

i guess ill just have to wait this one out, oh well, im hoping i can still get an impulse blue within the next 2 weeks so im not stuck on base.

·
Registered
388 Posts
GTOtbird said:
32k is a little high.
Just a couple months ago, I walked out the door with a '06 M6 with the 18" wheels for $30,200 plus a $100 (or was that 150?) rebate check. No military discount, but I didn't even think to try it.

Here's what you do...walk in and have an attitude like it is their ONE and ONLY chance to sell you the car...tell them you have a firm, rock-bottom deal in (instert your nearest big city name) and you just want to drive one to make sure the GTO is right for you. Tell the salesperson that you will walk if the deal is not right, and you will only entertain one number when you come back from the ride.

Here's my salesperson Jamie with my new Goat...and they have an idetical '06 M6 18" wheels sitting out there right now. That's Auffenberg Pontiac, in Farmingon, MO.

Gerry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.