Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Similar to the other guy with the wrx I am looking into purchasing a 05 gto and I know from experience with Upgrading the turbo in my wrx You need supporting mods such as fuel pump injectors and tune is that so with a supercharger?
What supporting mods would i need to do this thank you.

·
Registered
584 Posts
yea, but depending on what setup you run and how much power you are pushing out you might not need to swap out the feul pump. Injectors are a Biggy most packages come with them already and a tune Is always very helpful.
A roots Blower is like a Magna Charger which alot of people run

and the other is the Centrifugal
Like a Vortech or A ProCharger
any other Questions Don't hesitate to ask Bro we're all helpful and friendly around here
Again depending on how much power you are going to be pushing out you should invest in a new drive shaft, rear end and alot of other stuff

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
OK here is another question i know the 05 Gto Is ls2 with 400hp but what if i saved some cash and put a blower on 04 Even tho it would come out about same price and Hp Of a 05 Gto, Would it be better than a stock 05 conisdering it has forced induction thus pulling harder? IM All about the low end torque I want a sore neck for sure

·
Registered
584 Posts
In some Cases yes
and I'm not sure If you are still willing to go turbo but there's alot of 04 GTO's on sale out there with turbo on them I think someone had a thread on here about selling one on here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for being so helpfull But im trying to stay away from turbos even if they make more power, I drove my friends 04 Svt Cobra and fell in love..
Now i cam across this Ati supercharger and it appealed to me cuz its Mounted diffrently with no need to replace engine intake and its Air to air instead of air to water to air.. Any info?

·
Registered
584 Posts
The ATI is the procharger which is a centrifugal blower
and has the intercooler system with it
I know they came out with the P series and are working on th D series
I've been eyeballing them for a while because thats what I want to go with also.
http://www.procharger.com/index.html
One of the members on here has an 04 with a Procharger
I think his ID is PHIL2
Shoot him a pm

·
Registered
700 Posts
If you want a lot of low-end torque, do NOT get a centrifugal supercharger. You want a roots/twin-screw (positive displacement) supercharger.
The #1 thing you need to concentrate on after the installation is the TUNING. That's not an afterthought, improper tuning will cause you very serious problems with your engine...detonation mainly. I know people who didn't bother tuning their engine on a dyno after they got their supercharger installed, their engine only lasted a couple of months (and that was fairly generous of the engine to hang on THAT long).

·
Registered
700 Posts
The centrifugal wouldn't make full boost until 4500 or so. The roots/twin-screw would make full boost by 2500.
If you look at the dyno for a centrifugal and a positive-displacement, they'd look very different.
Here's the link to Magnuson's site:
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/

They have plenty of information on there to keep you busy. :)
TByrne also has the 05 kit for sale.
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/gtointro.html
Other places do as well though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.