Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Seriously considering having a magnuson supercharger and catback exhaust installed on my 2006 gto. My biggest concern is residual scratches and damage caused by the procedure. I am told it involves removing the front bumper. My cars condition is pristine and even the thought of a few scratches from the bumper laying on the ground, etc is enough for me to scrap the whole idea. Any experiences you could share?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have done body kit installs for customers in the past ( I own a body and detail shop) , my suggestion would be to get some help when removing the front bumper assembly this cuts down immensely on damage ( many hands as they say) also , put a clean moving blanket down where you do the work just incase . When the body parts are removed, wrap them in plastic wrap and then in another clean moving blanket and store in a safe dry place until you need to reinstall. Just be careful and take it slowly and methodically it can be done its just a matter of taking your time and planning it out, hope this helps, good luck , sounds like a fun project..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts