Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check out the magnacharger. They come with the option of an integrated intercooler tucked neatly below the blower for a compact package. It seems like a really nice kit. I've had a vortech on my 5.0 mustang. It was no doubt a good power adder. But the "roots" type charger provides off idle boost which the centrifigual chargers cant do. Magnacharger would be my choice.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
We did a Procharger here at the dealership and with NO OTHER MODS it made 455 rwhp!! They are a little pricey but bang for your buck its hard to argue..... I have seen installs on the "roots" style supercharer and they are great if you just "drive"the car, problem with those is the very small intercooler that they use heat soaks very quickly so you begin to lose power, the intercooler in the Procharger kit is HUGE, it takes a while to heat soak thus giving you an edge.... we sell the Procharger kit for $4700.00 + shipping!!
Hope this helps :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
CAI for the 04 is different, wait until New Era comes out with their intakes, should be VERY soon! We will be the first place that has these so I'll keep you posted as soon as we get these in! The s/c for the 05 will not be released until the end of the year!! :cheers

G

·
i got the magnacharger i love it :D people don't really know what ya got its not loud pretty quiet i got it for about 5 g'z but ya it putts ya back in you;r seat :eek: GTO DEALER herd it on the phone i think he had to go check him self lol "wa up steve" :seeya: check out magnacharger.com if you want answers to questoions call them and ask for kevin tell him eddie sent ya that goes for anybody here :cheers he is cool and will work with ya

·
Registered
165 Posts
1badgto said:
i got the magnacharger i love it :D people don't really know what ya got its not loud pretty quiet i got it for about 5 g'z but ya it putts ya back in you;r seat :eek: GTO DEALER herd it on the phone i think he had to go check him self lol "wa up steve" :seeya: check out magnacharger.com if you want answers to questoions call them and ask for kevin tell him eddie sent ya that goes for anybody here :cheers he is cool and will work with ya
Is your GTO your daily driver? If so, how does the magnacharger handle the daily grind of traffic, etc.? I want to mod, but unsure on long term effects of a supercharged engine used as a daily driver/funmobile. I'm not a track/dragstrip guy...well maybe....not yet anyway!!! Feedback is appreciated!!! :cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.