Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of GTO with superchargers on them, and i was really wondering does the supercharger from the corvettes that used the LS2 engine fit under the hood, and if so can someone point me in the right way. Because i am thinkin about putting a super charger, headers, and a custom exhaust system with a H pipe to help performance in the 1/4 mile. All help is always accepted :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking for a supercharger and found one for the ls2 v8 in 05 goat but i am not sure that it will fit. I did find someone on cardomain who supercharged the o4 goat so i am really interested in trying this... I have also been to the GM performance parts page, and saw they have headers for the ls2 something else i want to add... :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
43 Posts
well. get a really good tune..

or get a cam and heads for the same price and pick up more safe hp than the blower could give you on stock internals.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to let everyone now I have found the supercharger for the 04 GTO. The supercharger comes from procharger, and it adds 525hp. So for all those 04 GTO who want to get to the track procharger makes a supercharger. Have fun :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

·
Registered
43 Posts
BigJim said:
That seems like alot it adds 525hp? You might want to check that. :cheers
it DEFINITELY wont add 525hp.. but, it is very possible that it will add 125 over the LS2, making 525fhp.

·
Registered
353 Posts
97GTP do you post at ls1gto.com, I thought you supercharged your goat and were in the process of working out a fuel pump solution? did you ever get that worked out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
BigJim said:
97GTP do you post at ls1gto.com, I thought you supercharged your goat and were in the process of working out a fuel pump solution? did you ever get that worked out?

Must be thinking of somebody else. I still have my grand prix (went 12.755 @ 109 friday - off topic.) :cheers

·
Registered
353 Posts
Well thats faster than alot of Goats so. :party: Thats pretty impressive for a Grand Prix. I bet you fool people all of the time. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I must have been miss understood. I do not mean it adds 525hp, but it adds on top of the stock 350. So that you go from 350 to 525hp. That is a nice gain of about 175hp. Plus you get some nice heads, and now you have something. The only problem that i am learning about with the supercharger is that can the stock engine control that much power\??????? :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
BigJim said:
Well thats faster than alot of Goats so. :party: Thats pretty impressive for a Grand Prix. I bet you fool people all of the time. ;)
True. It's been a great car. I'm afraid to sell her.

I plan on a little spray (50 shot at most) after i rebuild the trans and shoot for an 11. Then sell her in the next 6 months or so and pick up an 04 M6 GTO :cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
JUSGTO said:
I must have been miss understood. I do not mean it adds 525hp, but it adds on top of the stock 350. So that you go from 350 to 525hp. That is a nice gain of about 175hp. Plus you get some nice heads, and now you have something. The only problem that i am learning about with the supercharger is that can the stock engine control that much power\??????? :cheers :cheers :cheers
well.. it get 'iffy' around 470whp with a blower. see, Ls1 pushrods love to bend. When you get in the higher numbers you dont want to tag revlimiter ever.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i know that is comes with a intercooler. But i must only assume that with all turbo and supercharge mods. Some parts that are stock will obviously need to be repalced. Like i said it is not for everyone. Just those lookin for 9s in the 1/4, and those lookin to get in some ass when they get next to those 05 mustangs... :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
just an update, ati should have a system in about 2 months. Coming from there engineers, they are working out the details on the vette first then they will move to the GTO. Keep pushing them, keep the interest going, they get it out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Supercharged '04 GTO

There was an article I read in Hot Rod Magazine (March Issue) that stated they had blown an '04 M6. Forgot the Manufacturer, but there were several mechanical issues that had to be addressed/perfected, it did not get the output that was expected. Hot Rod Magazine was waiting on a response from the manufacturer in order to see what was happening.

Has any one thought of using a Twin Turbo kit for this car? Will it work?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts