Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why wouldn't a dealer give you the vehicle of your choice with the supplier discount? Are they not reimbursed by GM for passing this on to the consumer? I got a couple dealers in my area that holding on to the 04s like they are gold. The dealers that give the rebates and the special pricing lots are clear of the 04s.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Rumor is the 05s have been held up as much as 8 weeks and 04s are not not so plentiful. I've also noticed that the $5500 rebate that ended today really lowered the dealer stock and caused enough demand that dealers were not always lowering their prices. Some of us that went earlier with the $3500 rebate got as good if not better deals than those that bought in December. If you want an 04 now, especially with an M6, you are going to have to shop around, even out of state.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
XMAN,

Where did you hear of the 05 delays?

We will see the new and used 04's increase in price, I have said it all along. It's that supply and demand thing. If the 05's are late used 04's may go to the high $20's, may even go over $30k within a couple of weeks.

Just my opinion!

·
Registered
39 Posts
there is already a clever guy on ebay trying to sell a used 04 with 30 miles for 25,000 or so. good way to make 5,000 if it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts