Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever used an airbag suspension setup also what in youre opinion are the pro's and con's fo airbag Vs. regular suspension setup.

Also if anybody has put one on there goat wher did you put it ?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kwiktsi said:
If you are talking airbags for drag racing, plenty of people have used bags in the rear. If you are talking airbags to get that mad tyte pimp ride suspension, please just stop now :).
Joe

If you have ever watch the powerblock on spike. Horsepower did a how show on it, the cars (camero mustang and older car can't rember what it was) Showed huge improvent in lap times the camero improved 2 seconds on the finale time. This would help the GTO in my opinoin plus the ride you would get exspicaly since we use these cars a lot on highways.

And besides you would use hydros to pimp out an car. Airbags for pimping are wrong you can't do anything with them.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I installed SLP DRAGBAGS outback of my Goat to try to eliminate that horrible wheelhop on track launches and they were worthless. The more rubber that was layed down on the track the worse the wheel hop got, and the more useless those airbags were.:mad:

·
Registered
569 Posts
MJGTOWISH said:
If you have ever watch the powerblock on spike. Horsepower did a how show on it, the cars (camero mustang and older car can't rember what it was) Showed huge improvent in lap times the camero improved 2 seconds on the finale time. This would help the GTO in my opinoin plus the ride you would get exspicaly since we use these cars a lot on highways.

And besides you would use hydros to pimp out an car. Airbags for pimping are wrong you can't do anything with them.
Have you seen the airbag suspensions they use for pimping out a car? I am not talking the typical "inside the spring" airbags. They have custom brackets, shocks, springs, etc. and put a small compressor/tank in the trunk so that they get similar results to hydraulics- just slower. But the morons are always driving through the car show lot with the car raised like a 4x4 or leaning, then you just hear "pssh" when they release the pressure and they scrape (literally) the car accross the parking lot because they are cool like that. Pisses us off, it is an eyesore and we use the lot with permission from the owner and they gouge it all up.. Their "coolness" is disrespectul to the property owners and those of us who are there with permission. Due to problems we have had getting kicked out, chased out, harrassed by cops, etc. from everywhere we have ever showed, raced, hung out- even places we'd gone to for 8+ years and the cops would just drive by and say hi- due to ricers causing problems, I have this deep-seeded hatred for anything rice :).
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
I installed SLP DRAGBAGS outback of my Goat to try to eliminate that horrible wheelhop on track launches and they were worthless. The more rubber that was layed down on the track the worse the wheel hop got, and the more useless those airbags were.:mad:
Hmm, glad you mentioned that- I was looking into getting some since they claim to help eliminate/reduce it.
Joe

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Hmm, glad you mentioned that- I was looking into getting some since they claim to help eliminate/reduce it.
Joe
Waste of time and money. I'm gonna try slicks, next.

·
Registered
569 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
Waste of time and money. I'm gonna try slicks, next.
If they don't spin, they can't hop :). Did you run any DR's on the car? If so, which ones and how did they hook? Once I get the blower done and some other mods, I'm going to need to do something so I can hook decently without shaking the car to death and nuking the drivetrain!
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.