Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newb here. just got my gto (2006) and one thing that has to happen is swapping out that stock radio. is there anything i need to know about swapping it. for example, i know on some cars, a lot of its system go through the radio, is that the same case here?? i know i have to pull the stock radio and keep it just incase. anything else i should know before i start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1st, you will need an antenna adapter for after market radios. Also, the antenna booster needs a 12v power source or you reception will be very poor. Use the remote/accessory power line in the A5 port.....

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
The date is right on top of each post.....in red. js

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I for one appreciate Bug Splat posted 7 months after the OP! It's now almost exactly a year after he did, and I needed his info today!

IMO, people on this site are way too concerned about extraneous posts! There's a good chance that they aren't extraneous at all... Let the information flow! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I for one appreciate Bug Splat posted 7 months after the OP! It's now almost exactly a year after he did, and I needed his info today!

IMO, people on this site are way too concerned about extraneous posts! There's a good chance that they aren't extraneous at all... Let the information flow! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Good point. i have the same questions. I just ordered an aftermarket unit and have the same concerns about the security system and things like that running through the oem unit. hopefully i can find more post on this topic. This was the firs one that i came to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts