Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in the Feb 06 issue of GM High-Tech mag in an artical with SLP parts that switching from the stock to the SLP rear sway bar and poly bushings does a lot to help with wheel hop. Yes/No maybe. I am getting TSW Thruxton's and Nitto's in a couple of weeks and will be upping to 18's and thinking the sway bar and Strut Brace may help out alot. I am open to any input on this....
Terry

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
dgoat4me said:
I just read in the Feb 06 issue of GM High-Tech mag in an artical with SLP parts that switching from the stock to the SLP rear sway bar and poly bushings does a lot to help with wheel hop. Yes/No maybe. I am getting TSW Thruxton's and Nitto's in a couple of weeks and will be upping to 18's and thinking the sway bar and Strut Brace may help out alot. I am open to any input on this....
Terry

I can't speak to the wheel-hop issue....I don't drag race (except at the occasional stoplight :cool ) and have never experienced the problem anyway.

I will state that my Hotchkis sway bars make a huge improvement in over handling and stiffness of the car!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I too have the Hotchkis, and HAVE noticed the wheel hop almost disappear entirely. The Hotchkis is adjustable, so you can "tune" to your driving style. Poly bushings also make a difference.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I bought the Hotchkis sway bar kit (front and rear) a couple of weeks ago, as soon as I get time to install 'em, I'll write up a full review.
We need to make a "reviews" section on the forums, for people to review all of their add-on equipment. That way people could get opinions easily for anything they wanted to check on before buying. If anyone in adminworld out there is listening, you might want to take this into consideration.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After further review... I am going to go with the Hotchkis as I had them on my Bullitt and just loved em. I also talked with the dealer here in town today, actually the Service Mgr. He rcommended the Hotchkis and reminded me that they have the special alignment tool and that I really should have it aligned after the install. He suggested to load at 1st setting above stock and go from there til I find what I like. God whatta surprise a dealer that cares. He also said that unless it caused direct damage that he would not deal me grief if I needed to use my warranty. He also stated that it pisses him off that Pontiac sells a performance car and if you use it that way most dealers are just aching to void the warranty. I guess it helps that him and 3 other employees have 05 Goats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.