Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in the market for a new car come March of 2006 and I'm giving serious consideration to the '06 GTO with 18" wheels. I have read a lot of comments (professional and otherwise) regarding handling gripes, specifically body roll.

What do y'all think about swaybars like those from SLP or Hotchkis? The test data for the Hotchkis swaybars looks impressive, but I am concerned about potential negative affects these might have on the plushness of the ride. Can anyone comment on the affect swaybars would have? I'm 34 going on 60, so I want to have my arse pampered as much as possible!

Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
How hard are you planning to drive it? I am a spirited driver but not aggresive and just don't feel too much except dive on hard braking. Personally I like the feel of the suspension as the seats coddle me in comfort as I blast up onramps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm not quite happy with the handling of my GTO, but it's no slouch. I have a set of the Hotchkis Front and Rear Sway Bars that I'll be putting on within the next few weeks. Afterwards, I'll write a full review, so keep an eye out for it on the technical part of this site. After the review, I'll answer questions...if there are any.
If you want your ass pampered as much as possible, I'd recommend going with the 17" wheels. The smaller sidewall of the 18s means that that won't be able to absorb the impacts as well as the 17" tires do. The difference may or may not be noticeable to you, but if you're more worried about comfort, I'd still recommend the 17"...or even going with the Cadillac CTS-V, which has the same engine as our GTOs...only with a bit more comfort.
Good Luck with your decision and welcome to the community.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.