Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My O5 Black Goat Has Swirl Marks From Where The Dealer Washed The Cars On The Lot Prior To Selling Them. Dealer Won't Back It Up, So I Need To Try To Remove The Swirls. What Is The Best Product/method For Doing This? I Appreciate Any Advice.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Remove or Hide?

oldgoat said:
My O5 Black Goat Has Swirl Marks From Where The Dealer Washed The Cars On The Lot Prior To Selling Them. Dealer Won't Back It Up, So I Need To Try To Remove The Swirls. What Is The Best Product/method For Doing This? I Appreciate Any Advice.
That's why I had my dealer only remove the protective plastic and the interior covering. Let's face it .... most (not all) dealerships have a guy with a hose, a bucket, a towel and a chamois cleaning car after car after car all day long. They just don't have the manpower or time to treat your car the way you would treat it.

Jeffs386 said:
3m Perfect It II swirl remover
Presuming that you're not proficient with a rotary buffer, your best results with be from a Porter Cable random orbital buffer/polish/sander (whatever you want to call it.)

I agree with Jeffs386 that you need a product like 3M Perfect It II or Mothers PowerPolish with a cutting pad to properly remove the swirls. Even with a PC, you might have to spend a little time to get the desired results. And depending on how bad they are, you might want to take it to a professional with a rotary buffer to get you back to a swirl-free finish that you can maintain from there.

By hand you can really only hope to diminsh the swirls with a multi-step system like Zaino or Mothers or Meguiars. For an over-the-counter product, Mothers Sealer/Glaze (Step 2) does a good job of hiding swirls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.