1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
big_mike said:
synthetic is your best choice, dont fall victim to scams. :D
Nice.

I think I'll try Mobil 1 ATF, since I'm using their motor oil. My M6 feels kinda rough due to the colder temps. I might do that at 5,000 miles w/ my oil change. 1,300 miles right now.

Yes, I haven't changed the oil yet, but I did put on a new filter and topped off the oil about 100 miles ago. So far, I notice no oil consumption during this break-in period. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
ModBoss2 said:
Nice.

I think I'll try Mobil 1 ATF, since I'm using their motor oil. My M6 feels kinda rough due to the colder temps. I might do that at 5,000 miles w/ my oil change. 1,300 miles right now.

Yes, I haven't changed the oil yet, but I did put on a new filter and topped off the oil about 100 miles ago. So far, I notice no oil consumption during this break-in period. :)
What I usually do with a new car is drop it at 1000 miles and cut open the filter to make sure nuthin negative is happening inside.

B

·
0 Posts
I just dont want to see someone grab a kitchen knife and spend all day hackin....

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GTODEALER said:
Royal Purple or Amsoil is the best way to go!
I've been doing some more checking...I was originally talking about GM's and Pennzoil's Synchromesh fluid [used GM's in my fwd CSVT], then I hear that synthetic atf is best. I'm now hearing that some synthetics are actually bad for the M6's friction material, and that Royal Purple's synchromesh is a good product for our M6s. True?

B

·
0 Posts
some synthetics not designed for the manual CAN cause damage as they dont have friction modifiers. Royal Purple and Amsoil are the best on the market for the entire vehicle. Pricey, but worth every penny.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
big_mike said:
some synthetics not designed for the manual CAN cause damage as they dont have friction modifiers. Royal Purple and Amsoil are the best on the market for the entire vehicle. Pricey, but worth every penny.
Yeah, I talked about friction modifiers earlier, on a different thread [iirc :willy:], but I'm not sure that I ever got an answer on the cocktail mix. I just figured nobody used modifiers on these transmissions. I think I can get Royal Purple locally. :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts