Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have 2005, LS2 4sp auto. (Just bought it used w/ 40k miles on it a month ago) I noticed in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd but not in "D", when I run the speed & revs up but then hit the brakes, the tach will hang. Ex., in 2nd gear, I run it up to 60mph and tach is around 4,000 if I let off the gas or it hit the brakes it hangs at 4,00 revs for several seconds before it slowly drops. Is there something else like a vacuum line interconnect with the tach? (Makes no sense but I'm struggling to determine why it would hand in every gear but Drive.
TIA for any insights.
Goat51

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Is the engine actually hanging at 4000 rpm then dropping or is the tach just sticking at 4000 rpm the dropping?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hanging tach

thanks - the engine revs drop...the motor is running great, no problem there... the tach hangs or sticks. Again it'll stay for several seconds, then slowly go down to 500 rpm (at idle if I come to complete stop)or where the engine revs are at. (hope that helps)

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I had an answer if the engine itself was hanging but someone else will have to chime in about the sticking tach as I've never experienced that one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well thanks for the brain time on this gents. It's weird and I'll keep you posted with any updates.

## after further acceleration tests, it hand in "D" too. I bet as mentioned its the Cluster or a cluster feck.
It'll wait tell next year because really, its no biggie. thanks guys

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had an answer if the engine itself was hanging but someone else will have to chime in about the sticking tach as I've never experienced that one.
Apologize for the hijack but my engine does actually hang for a moment sometimes, all the times at startup. At about 2000 rpm for a few seconds. Is it just a sticky throttle wire? What's the fix?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Never had the problem on the GTO but on another drive by wire vehicle we owned the problem was solved by replacing the accelerator pedal sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts