Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone else use to get tar of their vehicle. I have used the tar and bug removal spray, but that didnt work. It didnt even take any of it off. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Bug and Tar Remover always worked for me. You can also try WD40. If that doesn't work, it may not be tar thats on there; it could be paint.
If all else fails, use a clay bar; that will get it off, if it's coming off at all.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
ALTEREGO said:
What does everyone else use to get tar of their vehicle. I have used the tar and bug removal spray, but that didnt work. It didnt even take any of it off. Any suggestions.
I beat the tar out of my GTO.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
ALTEREGO said:
WD-40 should do the trick. That stuff works wonderful on tar. Also there is a product from Stoner called.... "Tarminator." I've used it with good results.

If you have WD-40 spray it on and let it sit a few minutes. If should disolve the tar enough for you to wipe it off.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the info guys, ill try the wd40. I hate when they redo the streets especially in the summer cause the tar comes up off the street so easy and sticks to your ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts