Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will get to spend roughly $1200 on the GOAT with this years return. So far this is what I have come up with.

Pacesetter armacoated headers $399.99
Pacesetter catted midpipes $99.69
King drag springs $189.99
Prothane bushing set $97.99
Lingenfelter $239.00
After shipping $967.01

If I can get the extra...SAP spoiler $265.00 (only talking $32 extra)

I know a lot of you guys will flame me regarding the headder choise but several reasons for this. One, they are a fraction of the cost. Two, they are arma-coated so longevity will be better than the plain painted. Three, the gains will be the same from what I have researched. Four, the money I save will allow me to buy the other goodies.

So far I have bought everything else except headers. The other objective is to get the power to the ground. I'm hoping the Springs and bushings will accomplish that. The heat shield is to allow my Gravana ram air hoood be more functional. And the spoiler is strickly cosmetic.

Are there any sugestions that I should spend the money on to benifit me better than what I have came up with?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well got my money and I went to order the above. After asking questions about the Pacesetters, I made up my mind and decided not to get them. The $1,200.00 budget I origionally set was busted to $1,500.00. I believe I got a realy good deal on what I got. Fraser at Speedinc.com hooked me up with some Jet-Hot coated Kooks long tubes with catted midpipes and 02 extensions for just under $1,500.00 shipped.

I got the coated ones and the cats only because that's all they had on the shelf that they could ship immediatly. I told him since I'm leaving in the middle of this month to go to the desert, he pulled through and got me a shipping date of 9 Feb 07. Just a few hours later, I got an email from them with a tracking number. They have the shipping date projection of 7 Feb. Looks like I'll be able to install and test them next weekend.

Seems they are only 7 hours away from me and do dyno tuning for only $350. Has anyone dealt with them at all? Maybe when I get back from the desert I'll get a dyno tune and do some suspension upgrades to cure my traction woes. Dang wheel hop!

BTW, I got the 1 7/8 primaries for future CAM upgrade since I already have the FAST intake!

:party:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luck for us, we already got that stuff. I had to wait over a year for these things. I'm glad I got the best so I won't have to buy another set ever!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I owed money. Damn gross commissions...
OUCH! That sucks.

Well here they are. They were at the garage when I got home from work. Props to UPS for being on time. They are so frigin beautiful. I will put them on tomorrow after work since I don't have the opportunity tonight. They just look fast even sitting there in the floor!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Haha, that's a true car guy. Putting your exhaust together on your floor for a picture. I did the same thing with my last exhaust. Did you put it back in the box or just leave it there?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I owed money. Damn gross commissions...
I always set it up so I owe money. I hate giving the government a loan without charging them interest.

Cool toys though. I got a set of Corsa Sports in mind for the Vette. I've heard they are real loud, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. They have Corsa tourings, but they are too quiet from most that I've heard. I really wish the Vette had a great exhaust sound like the GTO, instead it sounds like a Buick.

Let us know when you get them on and what you think of the results, dyno numbers and all.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go them on and just like everyone has said, "what a PITA"! The power steering line broke off when I was putting it back together. Nothing was caught or pulled , the line just started leaking. It broke right at the fitting. I'm hoping that the dealership will fix it since there was signs of leaking prior to the install. Lets hope.

The install took about 5.5 to 6 hours with ramps and jackstands. Had a hell of a time installing the steering shaft. Finally had to pull the rack and pinion back a little to get enough clearance. I only needed one 02 extendion on the drivers side front. I had to loosen the driver mid pipe connection to get it ligned up better. Now they are absolutly perfect in shape and fittment. Other than no power steering, I love them. Since it's snowing again, I couldn't really get on it and try it out but now it breaks loose very easily in third gear instead of second. Gotta watch out for the wet stuff now.

I will leave to go overseas on Monday so when I get home, it will be spring. I plan to get drag springs and bushings. Then I can really see how it hooks. I also plan on getting a tune as well. Since I'll get a tune, I may get a CAM but I want to get a good one so that means springs and pushrods. That being the case, it may have to wait until my next trip at the end of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts