Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for a test drive in an 06 MN6 Torrid Red GTO in an hour. I am still not sure if I can part with my 99 C5 Coupe, but it would be nice to have a manual and a car that does not beat me up so much on long trips. I'll let everyone know how it goes.:cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go For It!

I Went Out Of A 2001 Zo6 Inot The Goat And I Love It!!!

The Vette Was A Fun Ride But I Enjoy The Goat More.

The Build Quality Is Wonderful, You Don't See Yourself Coming And Going.

It Would Be Nice If The Gto Guys Would Get Into The "wave" Like The Vette Guys. Driving A Vette You Know Exactly What I Mean!

I Have Gone By Gtos And Waved And The Drivers Have A Puzzled Look On Their Face!!

Hey You Guys Out Nthere Reading This...get Into Waving At Each Other...it's Called Comraderie!!! Do It!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll be interested to hear how your test drive goes, and I'm sure some others will too! There are a few on this forum that have either had Vettes or have a Vette now.

Slight derail....
BARONGTO said:
Hey You Guys Out Nthere Reading This...get Into Waving At Each Other...it's Called Comraderie!!! Do It!!
I didn't know that Vette owners waved at each other--I haven't had a Vette, and Vettes are more common than GTOs.

I try waving when I see another GTO, though I wonder in the back of my mind each time if I'm confusing the person :D I've only seen 3 GTOs now since I got mine. The first one, the guy revved his engine at me (he didn't want to race--it was packed traffic and there was no way to race--I think he was just saying Hi) so I waved at him. The second, I waved at but didn't see a response. The third one, we were actually at the same shop so we talked a bit. I think with the GTO there is some owner camraderie, though it isn't 100% (then again, since this all depends on the owner and if they happen to see you, it can't be 100%), which is more than what I've seen in the last few cars I've had.

An ex housemate of mine had a new 2000 MR-2 when that car just came out, and they were hard to get, dealers sometimes doing markup and all. When we would see another 2000 MR-2 on the road, never once did they wave, honk, whatever. Neither did my housemate wave/honk/etc at them.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
BARONGTO said:
Not just Vette's; Miata's, ANY motorcycle, XFires, they all do it.

In my area, if that was all the exercise I got, my arm would atrophy. I've only seen one other in 6 months I've had mine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are quite a few GTOs in my area...I see almost one every day :D I have waved at every single one of them, and I have received a wave/honk/revv from all except one of them (this guy gave me a look like I am too important for you...:rolleyes: whatever). :willy: Keep it up guys. We are part of a select group. :party:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The test drive went well. The car pulls quite strong with the 6sp. I don't think I could ever go from my C5 to an auto GTO. It is a much heavier car, so the handling of course is way different than my vette. But my overall impression of the car is quite good. Fit and finish on the interior is very good, which is a nice surprise.

They have given me a great deal on my vette as a trade and worked out some pretty good numbers. So now it is decision time.:willy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well after a long night of trying to decide, it looks like I will go for the GTO. For performance and comfort, it is hard to beat. Plus the deal they are giving me is pretty much too good to pass up.

I will let everybody know what the outcome is:cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
SpaceCoast said:
Well after a long night of trying to decide, it looks like I will go for the GTO. For performance and comfort, it is hard to beat. Plus the deal they are giving me is pretty much too good to pass up.

I will let everybody know what the outcome is:cheers
You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
455 Posts
SpaceCoast said:
Thanks! I am sure going to miss my vette. But I know I will have another one some day.:)
Fortunately the Vette seems to be a GM staple, so this wouldn't be a problem. :)

Makes things kind of hard when you are choosing between multiple decent performance cars. The Goat--though a somewhat different beast--should still give you some good times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Clueless said:
Fortunately the Vette seems to be a GM staple, so this wouldn't be a problem. :)

Makes things kind of hard when you are choosing between multiple decent performance cars. The Goat--though a somewhat different beast--should still give you some good times.

Yes, two very quite different cars. But in all honesty, the vette is best left as a "toy". For the amount of highway driving I do, I would rather have comfort and performance, which I think the GTO does very well. When I can afford to have just a toy, then I will get another vette. Maybe a C2 body style:cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.