Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the local Chevy dealer (where I bought my pre-owned Goat) for service on Sat. My old-time Army bud was visiting for the weekend, and he looked at the four Vettes they had, and said, "Dude, I'm buying a Vette".

Anyway, turned out we both test-drove a C6. Now, I love my Goat, but boy, what an awesome car! It was an automatic, but what incredible power. I was just stoked to have driven one. Well, my friend stuck with his Silverado SS, and we left. But what an experience...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I drove one when GM did the "Road Show In Motion" at Fiesta Texas last year. They had a short course laid out in cones, and a GM rep rode with you, telling when you can get on it and when to brake. It wasn't the same as experiencing the car on the street and highway, but was fun none-the-less. What amazed me was how the power was being put to the ground, and the Velcro-like road holding. If I had driven my Trans Am like that, cones would be flying all over the place!

After a drive in the Vette, I drove an 04 GTO. At the time, I wasn't very impressed with the Goat. The steering felt slow, acceleration was sluggish, and overall, the car was missing that "sporty" feel, though it was comfy. Guess that's what 500 extra pounds and 50 less horses will do to performance. I should've driven the Vette after the Goat!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I went from a C5 Z06 to the GTO. Now I'm back in the Vette with my C6. Once the Vette bug gets in your blood, and if you don't need the extra seats, you can't get rid of it. I loved my GTO, and still check out everyone I see. Probably by this time next year I'll have another GTO, one of the last 06's on the lot around Februaruy when I get my year-end bonus.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the GTO is intoxicating and the Vette is crack for the automotive addict.

What did you think of the new 6spd auto??? Did you try out the paddle shifters???

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, I didnt even know it was a 6-speed auto. Was very smooth, and power delivery was immediate. I'd even consider the auto if I bought one, which now I want one!

It was a pre-owned 05, unfortunately it didn't have the paddle shifter, which I saw on a few others there. Would have loved to try that!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Wow, I didnt even know it was a 6-speed auto. Was very smooth, and power delivery was immediate. I'd even consider the auto if I bought one, which now I want one!

It was a pre-owned 05, unfortunately it didn't have the paddle shifter, which I saw on a few others there. Would have loved to try that!
My bad, I thought it was an 06. The 05's have the 4 spd auto, not the 6spd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.