Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Study after study shows that texting while driving is more dangerous than drinking and driving and yet we still allow people to text.

There needs to be a mandatory jail time, or at least a years loss of license if you text while driving.

I can't say this anymore strongly, if you text while you drive after watching that video you are a total moron and you should have your license revoked for life.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Bill O'Reilly and FOX news showed this clip. It's a must see.
The state run media outlets won't show it. :rolleyes:
Too fragile for kids to see? Most kids play video games showing worse. Lord knows we don't want kids to see something like this. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I see texting darned near every time I go out on the road.

Last month locally a man and wife were out on their new Harley both in their 50's. Some girl in her early 20's ran a stop sign broadsiding them while texting. The woman on the back of the cycle was drug under the car. She lay in a vegetative state for a week before she died. Ironically she died on their wedding anniversary. The guy suffered a broken foot and lost his wife. What a way to remember your wedding anniversary.

IMO: DEATH PENALTY for texting while driving and killing another.

This girl will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist, a fine, and MAYBE a suspension of her license. She may get counseling the guy who lost his wife? Shafted by the system.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Too graphic, come on! Do they still show those Red Asphalt movies? Thats some graphic stuff right there. It was ment to get a point across, not a joke.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
134 Posts
the point is well made with this video, i think they should make it mandatory viewing in high schools this outweighs drunk driving accidents. along with technology comes much responsibility!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I've noticed, even thought I'm 19 and was so excited at 16 to have my license, 16 is WAY too young to have a license. Most people that age do not understand responsibility until its too late. 18 would be a better choice IMO.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Also I've noticed, even thought I'm 19 and was so excited at 16 to have my license, 16 is WAY too young to have a license. Most people that age do not understand responsibility until its too late. 18 would be a better choice IMO.
From reading your posts on here, let me compliment you by saying you are wise beyond your years.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I never understood the appeal of texting someone vs. actually using your cellphone to call them, which was why cellphones were invented in the first place. :rolleyes:

BTW, I use a bluetooth headset to talk... its nearly impossible to talk, drive, and shift at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts