Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Randy 05GTO,
I'm going to locate some of that OSPHO chemical you talked about. Where can I find it? Would it be at an auto supply store or do I have to go to a hardware store?
Thanks
Linda

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Linda,

Try one of these Automotive Paint Suppliers in Washington, I believe there is one in your city.

Be careful, use a resperator and gloves! OSPHO contains phosphoric acid and will blister your skin if it comes in contact with any part of your body.

I only used about 1/2 gallon treating the entire stripped car inside and outside.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chemical

Hey Randy,
Thanks! One question, should I take out the gas can before using it in the trunk?
Linda

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Hey, Linda. You probably already know this, but I'll remind you anyway.......remember to neutralize any chemical strippers/acids you use after they do their intended job. Usually the directions with the product will tell you what to use. If not, the MSDS can provide that information. Acids tend to keep right on going! (Don't ask me how I know this!)
You are about to embark on some of the dirtiest, most unpleasant, labor-intensive work on the car. Keep your eyes/body protected and have at it!!!! Way to go. :)!
Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts