Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making a nice peaceful drive home from work yesterday when this new, red Dodge truck pulls up. I hear him rev up his engine. I don't even look over. But, his fun continues as he revs his engine even louder.

So, I finally look over, and I see on of Indiana's finest smiling and grinning at me. He had probably just cast his vote for Kerry and was happier than a rutting buck. Anyway, I roll down my window and I look at him again and ask?

"That thing got a Hemi?" He says, Yep, why do you ask?

I responded, I just wanted to verify what my "GOAT" was going to have for dinner tonight. With that, I took the traction control off, dropped her down in 3rd gear (A4) and toasted him off the line.

I couldn't wipe the smile and laugh off my face.

·
Registered
185 Posts
with that being said, i just traded in my 03 dakota stampede with 4.7 V8, for an 04 3.7 V6 Liberty, and the dealer was asking about my gto, and then proceeded to tell me that they wanted to run the new 300C against the gto A4 because they said it could take it, all i could do was laugh at him......and then i said it could never take the goat even if u let a 6 yr old drive it in the race! he obviously doesn't know anything about the gto, but in defense of dodge, the gto will be gone as soon as the lease is up for the new 6.1 liter Hemi charger, nothing like toasting a camaro with three kids and the dog in the back seat.....425 ponies

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, under normal circumstances...I'd say you're nuts going from a goat to a dodge, but with your clarification of 3 kids and a dog in the backseat...I'll have to wish you luck when that time comes. In the meantime, enjoy the goat while you got it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
79TA&04GTO said:
Well, under normal circumstances...I'd say you're nuts going from a goat to a dodge, but with your clarification of 3 kids and a dog in the backseat...I'll have to wish you luck when that time comes. In the meantime, enjoy the goat while you got it.
are you kidding me, if my kids aren't speed junkies and can't rebuild an engine by the time they can walk, i'm gonna get a dna test, cuz they can't be mine, i'm a major gear head, my kids gonna love the torque before they're born.....hehehe

·
Registered
177 Posts
I didn't mean like that, I meant going from a smaller car with 400hp to a larger car (especially an ugly dodge) with alot more weight, but 25 more hp.....I meant the trade I wish ya luck with.

·
Registered
185 Posts
yeah well, kids are gonna be a few years down the road, i'll get my fun in with the gto, but when i gotta go to a "family car" i'm not gonna give up all the luxuries of speed either (obviously not gonna hammer the throttle with the kids in the car....i'm not stupid)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts