Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've heard a lot of people sayin that its ugly??!! which i think is madness!! i think they are pretty dang sexy! it seems to be one of those love or hate cars.. so i wondered just how many people like it and how many don't..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
People that think it are ugly are 90% republicans-racists!!! Kidding.
The only people who thinks its ugly are under 25 and haven't waited for 20 plus years for a retro Camaro, and would love a retro Trans AM and GTO also. The new Camaro is super sharp and maybe this time it can compete with Mustang and stay around for a while, price vs. performance. The last Camaro was being outsold by the Mustang because the Mustang was $6K cheaper and just as quick.
I want to see the Transformers Retro Vette go into production, that is a Bad ass car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i seen a magazine with a camero turned trans am. i thought it looked sweet too!! with the big screamin chicken and everything!! ha ha but the vette i love the front but the back is not for me

·
Registered
92 Posts
The new Mustang looks a lot better than the old one and the old Mustang looked great. BUT! The old Camaro looked way better than the old Mustang when it came out. The new Camaro doesn't hold a candle to the new Mustang. I love my 2005 GTO and I think it gets more looks than either one. I think they just put the Camaro on too may steroids and that nose job...pu. Now the Trans AM setup as usual for the newer GM sport car a better looking car than the Camaro. The all back Camaro looks nice with some accents on it, but those wide ass tires and rims on the Mustang was down right.

The Challenger looks great too, but narrow wheel wells killed it. I watched a tran-am type race this weekend and saw the Mustangs, Camaros and a Challenger race! Wow, now that is racing and can't wait to get a field of those on the track. They are very identifiable and finally something the new buyers that like racing can have something to brag about again.

Just my 2 cents

By the way...the G-8....sucks...Cadillac shape, 4 door....too angular. Tell them to keep copying the BMW's they have a long way to go. Just wouldn't look right racing with the other top three mentioned above.

Russ

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha thanks gm4life i knew it didnt look right ha i feel like an idiot dont even worry:cheers:rofl:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I love the look of the new Camaros.I can't afford an SS so I won't be getting one though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gotta weigh in here just because I like the Camaro...but I think it's just a bit over the top on the bad boy styling. I think Mustang nailed it. I like a car with personality, but I don't always want to be driving something that screams - hey! I'm a bad a$$. I'm glad the Camaro's back - Just wish it wasn't such a caricature of it's old self.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I saw one(actually 2) at a World of Wheels show not too long ago for the first time. I must say, I liked it. Liked it much better up close and personal than I did when I just saw pictures. One was an SS and the other, I believe, said supercharged.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I think it's pretty sweet but i'm not a fan of the interior at all. The outside is seriously sexy and the inside is seriously ugly and boring. I guess I'd drive one. The woman wants me to trade the goat on one but that is NEVER going to happen! I'm kind of thinking the goat could be a retirement package like the old road runners and super bees. You guys might think i'm crazy but I'm sure when the super bees were new their owners never imagined what they would be worth today! I guess we'll wait and see. I'm only 26 so who knows what these will be worth when I'm ready to retire.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think the Camaro's rear-end is the ugliest thing I've seen in awhile. The front is pretty sweet and the interior is what I expected. I think it's just to flashy and just overwhelmed, I honestlty don't think it looks like a fun car to drive. I personally think as far as looks go the new Challenger nailed it. It's what the bad guy drives. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Not much more than the GTO.
And compared to a 4,200 lb Challenger?
I love the new Camaro. I'm not going to buy one, and would rather have any Z06, new or old, but happy Chevy put somthing out there. The GTO is dead. It's the Camaro or Mustang if you want a new sports car. or the tanky Challenger..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Comparative weight aside, Camaro looks like a tank. Or some kind of fighting vehicle. Perhaps a pill box on wheels. Regardless of what the critics say about the GTO's "dated sheetmetal", of all the current 'muscle cars', it's the only one with a sleek design. The GTO looks as it slides down the road; the others appear to have to push their way.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I think the Camaro's rear-end is the ugliest thing I've seen in awhile. The front is pretty sweet and the interior is what I expected. I think it's just to flashy and just overwhelmed, I honestlty don't think it looks like a fun car to drive. I personally think as far as looks go the new Challenger nailed it. It's what the bad guy drives. Just my 2 cents though.
I agree with alot of this. Camaro front and side looks really good. I don't like the rear of it though. Interior is very nice, I think even more comfrtable then the GTO to be honest, but the small ass windshield and lack of fuctional rear seats made me sad. Drove exactly as I expected when I was looking to possibly trade the GTO for one... but then the price tag and markup missed me off. They used my tax money to stay in business adn had the nerve to mark it up. F' GM lol

I hate the Challenger... it is just ugly. I like the Charger much better even though its 4 door.

Mustang I love the looks of, only downfall is you see too many of them, but this will be the same with the new Camaro as well... I'd rock a Roush or Saleen anyday though.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts