Pontiac GTO Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Comparative weight aside, Camaro looks like a tank. Or some kind of fighting vehicle. Perhaps a pill box on wheels. Regardless of what the critics say about the GTO's "dated sheetmetal", of all the current 'muscle cars', it's the only one with a sleek design. The GTO looks as it slides down the road; the others appear to have to push their way.
I like how the GTO slips through the air at 100, rather than plowing through it like the other "muscle cars" available.:cheers

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Comparative weight aside, Camaro looks like a tank. Or some kind of fighting vehicle.
That makes the BUMBLEBEE transformation more impressive......

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
For retro, the Challanger then Camaro. The Mustang is just butt ugly, except for the front end of the GT500, the back end looks like crap.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i personally think the back end of the mustangs look like ass, no pun intended. not the good ass either lol but i like the camaros back end.. i like how the whole car all the features are exaggerated like its a hotwheels car but not too outlandish i love it

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Camaro is selling like crazy around here but I don't like the looks of them.
I like the Challenger better.
The best shaped car I've seen up close is the Infiniti G37 Coupe.
I'd love to see them put a V8 in it but they did make the V6 sound pretty cool.

·
Super Moderator
2,639 Posts
I'm well over 25 and I don't care much for the new Camaro. If I didn't own my GTO I'd probably think differently because I'm drawn to the low key looks of cars. If I had to pick any of the cars with the so-called retro look it would be the Mustang. I would never purchase one but the 2010's really looks nice IMO.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd like to know what GM is going to do when the new 2011 5.0 Mustangs start eating the SS Camaros up.

Muscle car wars are back!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
no im not crazy over it. looks to bulky and the wheels are way toooooo big. kinda esembles a life size hot wheels car, maybe some bright blue paint and a big yellow ribbon on the side. lol maybe i dont like it because im only 20

·
Registered
68 Posts
Being 20, everybody I know LOVES the new camero, idk why. Personally, I like the fact that when people see ne really get on it I get a WTF?!?! Was that look vs an ooo **** it's a new camero/challenger/mustake...

·
Registered
6 Posts
The new Mustang looks a lot better than the old one and the old Mustang looked great. BUT! The old Camaro looked way better than the old Mustang when it came out. The new Camaro doesn't hold a candle to the new Mustang. I love my 2005 GTO and I think it gets more looks than either one. I think they just put the Camaro on too may steroids and that nose job...pu. Now the Trans AM setup as usual for the newer GM sport car a better looking car than the Camaro. The all back Camaro looks nice with some accents on it, but those wide ass tires and rims on the Mustang was down right.

The Challenger looks great too, but narrow wheel wells killed it. I watched a tran-am type race this weekend and saw the Mustangs, Camaros and a Challenger race! Wow, now that is racing and can't wait to get a field of those on the track. They are very identifiable and finally something the new buyers that like racing can have something to brag about again.

Just my 2 cents

By the way...the G-8....sucks...Cadillac shape, 4 door....too angular. Tell them to keep copying the BMW's they have a long way to go. Just wouldn't look right racing with the other top three mentioned above.

Russ

New mustangs are definitely better than the new camaros, especially with the 5.0 coming out. However I do agree the old camaros are better than the old mustangs... I love the way the challenger looks too! :cheers

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Just like "back in the day", there's way too many new Mustangs on the road. I'll take a new Camaro or Challenger anyday.......

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I'd like to know what GM is going to do when the new 2011 5.0 Mustangs start eating the SS Camaros up.

Muscle car wars are back!!
They are about equal. From the rumors the Camaro may become smaller. And with GM working on DI V8's it may push the Camaro to new heights. Most of what the 5ohh Mustang has is weight advantage and that helps it in the corners.
Just like "back in the day", there's way too many new Mustangs on the road. I'll take a new Camaro or Challenger anyday.......
:agree

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
It's not ugly at all. But it's not a GTO. It's a brand new, modern car with parts of an old car body bolted on. It is extremely well done, and is an example of the ingenuity that Hotrodders are famous for. But it's about as much a GTO as a fiberglass, 350/350/9 Boyd Coddington '32 Ford is a '32 Ford....

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'm ALREADY seeing way too freaking many new Camaros on the road. Article in last month's Hotrod said they had already sold over 100,000 of them in the first year. That's TWICE as many Camaros sold in ONE year as it took Pontiac to sell in THREE years for the GTO (100K vs. 45-50K). If I was gonna buy anything right now, it'd be an SRT8 Challenger, at least they only sell like 14 of them a year (maybe 15 lol).

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
one of my good friends has an all black 2010 2SS Camaro (6.2L 426hp) with black rims and entirely blacked out. The funiest thing is that he made it into his undercover police car. So he pulls up next to ricers and they take off at lights and he takes off with them and then just flips on his lights. Its hilarious to see how they react :lol: lmao. But like it was said earlier, the new Challenger i feel is a much nicer car, but my friends Camaro is pretty sweet also

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
one of my good friends has an all black 2010 2SS Camaro (6.2L 426hp) with black rims and entirely blacked out. The funiest thing is that he made it into his undercover police car. So he pulls up next to ricers and they take off at lights and he takes off with them and then just flips on his lights. Its hilarious to see how they react :lol: lmao.
Are you saying he's just messing with them or he actually gives them a ticket?

·
Premium Member
826 Posts
I like the Camaro, except the grille. I have seen some aftermarket ones
similar to the 69 RS hidden headlight, that look very good.
I have a friend with a yellow Camaro. I parked the Z06 next to it and
it looked like a school bus!

Larry

21 - 40 of 41 Posts