Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving in minutes here on a business trip, but wanted to share this.

Short version: A smallish movie production contacted me Friday and wanted to know if I'd be interested in my car being in their movie. It's just a couple of scenes, not a lot of time in the context of the film, but it was cool to do. I managed to get a phone video of one of them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA93YwQrkfg

Pretty cool :)

Bear

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
I think I'd have a hard time watching someone else slamming the hood of my gto and driving my car. Hopefully they won't use it for any chase scenes! :jawDrop:

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Leaving in minutes here on a business trip, but wanted to share this.

Short version: A smallish movie production contacted me Friday and wanted to know if I'd be interested in my car being in their movie. It's just a couple of scenes, not a lot of time in the context of the film, but it was cool to do. I managed to get a phone video of one of them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA93YwQrkfg

Pretty cool :)

Bear

Very neat. Your reputation as a restorer of GTOs must've been the reason you got the phone call.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Movie crews generally dis-respect and abuse vintage vehicles that are on loan when the owner is not in sight. A lot of it depends on the actor. Some guys slide across the hood, other guys, like Jason Lee, close the door gently, with respect. You can tell who the 'car guys' are by the way they handle the equipment. Lets hope number 461 stays unscathed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Movie crews generally dis-respect and abuse vintage vehicles that are on loan when the owner is not in sight. A lot of it depends on the actor. Some guys slide across the hood, other guys, like Jason Lee, close the door gently, with respect. You can tell who the 'car guys' are by the way they handle the equipment. Lets hope number 461 stays unscathed.
Agreed! Way too many opportunities for something to happen to your car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts