Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i decided that the best thing you can do to make your gto feel like it is like a rocket is to buy a geo metro, or any other slow as tar 40 mpg getter.
well i have a geo and have driven it for two weeks, trying to keep the miles down on the goat. not only does the goat feel like a hundred thousand dollar sports car it just makes it feel like it is fast as hell ha ha kind of a dumb thread but has anyone else experienced this?:party:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Yes but not quite as drastic as that. My daily driver is a 1990 Ford Ranger. 2.9L V6, automatic trans, etc. Pretty slow but it might outrun your Metro.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
so i decided that the best thing you can do to make your gto feel like it is like a rocket is to buy a geo metro, or any other slow as tar 40 mpg getter.
well i have a geo and have driven it for two weeks, trying to keep the miles down on the goat. not only does the goat feel like a hundred thousand dollar sports car it just makes it feel like it is fast as hell ha ha kind of a dumb thread but has anyone else experienced this?:party:
You got my dream car. I'm serious too.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i gotta tell you that you do NOT feel cool driving the geo but when you fill up the tank from half tank that it took two weeks to burn and the pump stops at ten bucks you just gotta love it:rofl:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I wouldn't mind it, I know I have a GTO and the wifes G8 at the house. I would drive the GEO around the local area. If the A/C works I'm happy, its too hot around here without A/C rolling the window down does nothing it feels like a blow dryer.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
The Talon made my GTO feel like a beast. I really do loose feeling of how fast it is until I drive something normal.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know you really do forget how fast it really is till you drive something slow like most americans drive every day. and talk about spin the tires i bet my geo wont spin em in gravel ha ha and its the big dog 4 cylinder 1.3 ha ha:cheers ;also fun note my geo has about 50-60 hp peak.. well the goat makes that in one cylinder ha

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
My buddy in high school had a brand new geo tracker rag top (were they all rag tops?) 4x4. We raised alot of hell in that little suv. I loved that thing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya its kind of a pain with it having the 4 cylinder because its more rare and hard to find parts. but ya i decided its kind of fun havin a crappy ride because i have always been pretty lucky and had a nice car. its fun to have a crappy ride that i dont care about and am not always worrying about. all my friends ask me why i want that crappy thing ha ha they just dont understand why i wanna keep miles off the goat

·
Registered
91 Posts
My buddy had the 3 cylinder version Metro, early or mid 90's. I swear you could flooooooor that thing and it would just sort of groan and roll not so gracefully into traffic. But it would get like 90 mpg or something rediculous like that and it was that nasty lime green with a blue door and red hood.Not exactly my idea of a dream car.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
My buddy had the 3 cylinder version Metro, early or mid 90's. I swear you could flooooooor that thing and it would just sort of groan and roll not so gracefully into traffic. But it would get like 90 mpg or something rediculous like that and it was that nasty lime green with a blue door and red hood.Not exactly my idea of a dream car.
:rofl:

I would love to have a Geo for a DD, I guess some people don't understand:D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
IIRC, the 3 cylinder Geo Metro used the Suzuki G10 (1 liter) engine. You can find those cars dirt cheap and the importers out here sell used, tested engines for them for about $300. That's about what a GTO AC compressor costs.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my buddy keeps tellin me we should put a v8 in it and make a wheel stander out of it ha ha. how cool would that be to have someone make fun of your car and then you pull a wheelie down the street ha ha it would be funny i can tell you that. but its kinda like a quote i read one ls1gtoforum having a really fast honda civic is kind of like comin out of the closet you may shock people for a minute but at the end of the day your still a fag ha ha i thought that was funny sh!t. but ya the geo is pretty nice to have:rofl:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
:rofl:

I would love to have a Geo for a DD, I guess some people don't understand:D
You and I are on the exact same page. I check craigslist pretty regularly. Hard to find one in decent shape anymore.

I had a 1991 company car that I put 210,000 miles on. I asked the fleet manager for cruise control when he was getting it. The car showed up and there was a brick on the passenger seat with a sticky note that said " cruise control". The car had air brakes on it. Turn the AC on and it's just like hitting the brakes.

Owned a 1994 Suzuki Swift GT. Fun, fun car.

Also owned a 3cyl Metro beater twice. Always the three cylinder. It's just so fun to drive the thing as hard as you can and no one thinks anything of it. So plain and simple to fix and operate. Great in snow too.

Here's some factoids for you.

3 cyl has between 48 and 52 hp depending on the year. The 4 cyl has 70 or 80 hp depending on the year. 1998 they changed the fuel injection from throtle body to port and it bumped the hp on the 4 cyl only, the 3 cyl stayed with throtle body injection.

The Swift GT had 100 hp and with a couple little mods I had 105 at the wheels. The car weighed 1800 pounds so that would be like 125-130 flywheel, pretty close to what the Mustang GT had as far as lbs/hp. It would get into the 14's on a good day and it got 31 city and 38 highway.

If you run the heater full blast in the car and it's below 10 degrees outside, the engine doesn't make enough heat and the temperature gauge will drop to nothing and the heat goes away. Also if you run in extreme cold, it's real easy to fabricate a heat riser and your gas mileage will go up in the winter if you do that.

You can buy a full set of 4 12" tires for the original car for under $100 including getting them mounted back in 1989-1994. You can get a full set of 4 tires for the car mounted and balanced for the 95-01 cars with 13" tires for less than a GTO tire.

You can fit 4 adults in the car with decent comfort which is the most suprising thing. A friend had a Cavalier 2door and when a group of us would go out to eat no one wanted to take his car, mine was the car of choice for the size inside.

I wish someone would make a cheap car like that again. The Aveo isn't it. The Accent is kind of but not quite cheap and basic enough.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ha ha well get this i bought my geo for 50 bucks ha ha one day i was workin on a wirings issue and i traced the wire back the the computer and ended up finding 60 bucks that was dropped behind the glove box ha ha so they paid me $10 to take the geo:rofl:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts