Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously the GTO owns the number one spot here! Especially in the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile catagories. I just wished it had better numbers as in at least 90+ g's cornering and more modern technolgy like my 04 Infinity G35 coupe. Unfortunatley you have to $50 + k for the new Corvette to get all that! :(

·
Registered
386 Posts
WS6Vert said:
Obviously the GTO owns the number one spot here! Especially in the 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile catagories. I just wished it had better numbers as in at least 90+ g's cornering and more modern technolgy like my 04 Infinity G35 coupe. Unfortunatley you have to $50 + k for the new Corvette to get all that! :(
The G35's handling is only .86g. That's only .01g better than the GTO.

·
Registered
386 Posts
WS6Vert said:
Oh by the way, that's Infiniti not Infinity. Do you even actually own one? :confused

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
djdub said:
The G35's handling is only .86g. That's only .01g better than the GTO.
The coupe in one mag was a .90 and one mag had it at .92. You must have been looking at the 4 door G35. There are hardly any cars under $60 k that post those kinda g's. R/T or M/T or everyones favorivite mag here Car and Driver had these numbers. The car is a real hoot in the corners and since its undercover like the GTO I get a lot more races in it than I do my Bird.
Yeah I own one, don't be a hater! :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TexasRealtor said:
I'm also considering an '05 G35 6M Sedan as well as the '05 GTO. It's got 298HP for $31,400.
http://www.infiniti.com :shutme

The small trunk is probably the only thing that will prevent me from getting the GTO.
They are sweet rides, no doubt. The thing I like about my G35 coupe is that there isn't one on every corner like the 350Z, which is built on the same platform. Heck there isn't even an Infiniti dealer here in my city. I had to go to ATL to get mine. I would never consider the new Mousetang for the same reason, you see one at every red light like 350Z's!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
WS6Vert said:
They are sweet rides, no doubt. The thing I like about my G35 coupe is that there isn't one on every corner like the 350Z, which is built on the same platform. Heck there isn't even an Infiniti dealer here in my city. I had to go to ATL to get mine. I would never consider the new Mousetang for the same reason, you see one at every red light like 350Z's!!
Around here, there are way more G35 Coupes than 350Zs. Same thing goes for when I lived in Tampa, last year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
djdub said:
Around here, there are way more G35 Coupes than 350Zs. Same thing goes for when I lived in Tampa, last year.
Either way, they both suck. Both cars share the same engine and the G35 is heavier. Very cheap plastic interiors. If I was in the market for a car in its class I would go with the Mazda RX-8. I drove one and it handles great, has 50/50 weight distribution and weighs 3000 pounds. Its a good drivers car, likes to be revved high (9k redline). I still like my Cobra more though. ;)

-Doug

·
Registered
386 Posts
MuscleFreak said:
Either way, they both suck. Both cars share the same engine and the G35 is heavier. Very cheap plastic interiors. If I was in the market for a car in its class I would go with the Mazda RX-8. I drove one and it handles great, has 50/50 weight distribution and weighs 3000 pounds. Its a good drivers car, likes to be revved high (9k redline). I still like my Cobra more though. ;)

-Doug
RX-8 over a G35 Coupe? You're smokin something.

RX-8s are garbage. The fit and finish of G35s are immaculate.

·
Registered
476 Posts
MuscleFreak said:
Either way, they both suck. Both cars share the same engine and the G35 is heavier. Very cheap plastic interiors.

-Doug
They have improved interior trim for '05 with either aluminum or rosewood. As for being heavier, that could be due that they have a backseat :rolleyes:

·
Banned
98 Posts
I drove my neighbors 350Z an found it to be very lacking in power with a real cheesy interior. Low end response is laughable. A 400hp GTO would make this car look pathetic.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
djdub said:
RX-8 over a G35 Coupe? You're smokin something.

RX-8s are garbage. The fit and finish of G35s are immaculate.
:agree

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
drmustang said:
I drove my neighbors 350Z an found it to be very lacking in power with a real cheesy interior. Low end response is laughable. A 400hp GTO would make this car look pathetic.
350Z's are cheesy,interior and exterior! The G35 coupe was 2003 MOTOR TRENDS car of the year and one of CAR AND DRIVERS 10 best for 03 and 04. They all said if they had to choose between the 350z or the G35 coupe it no contest, G35 all the way.
I agree the 400 HP GTP is the fire, gonna go drive one as soon as the dealer here gets one in, will buy it if they sell it below MSRP, if not I'll wait unitl they drop the prices like the 04's

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MuscleFreak said:

-Doug
Very cheap plastic interiors? And you should know driving a Mustang! :eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ya i almost never see 350Z, but i see 2 door and 4 door G35's all over the place in MA. The car of the year in MT seems a little fishy to me. How can the 4 door and 2 door which are 2 completely different cars both win the award? Sounds like infinity sent some money MT's way to get some good marketing.

-Frank

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'll just throw this out there, "STI." I know it looks ridiculous but iisn't that heavy for a 4-door, has a turbo, comes with forged internals and is stronger than the EVO in terms of the AWD system,. There are lots of upgrades available, and the car is easily deep into the 12s with some fuel upgrades and a bigger turbo, a less costly investment than what it takes to get an all motor M6 Goat deep into the 12s, NOS excluded. Look at Ligenfelters mid to high 12 second package, for something like 6 grand, or Vette Doctors in LI, NY, at around the same price for about 390 rwhp and high 12s. Chose the Goat for looks, but with snow and ice on the ground the AWD would be nice, not to mentione better fuel economy and rear doors for when you may need them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fffernan said:
Ya i almost never see 350Z, but i see 2 door and 4 door G35's all over the place in MA. The car of the year in MT seems a little fishy to me. How can the 4 door and 2 door which are 2 completely different cars both win the award? Sounds like infinity sent some money MT's way to get some good marketing.

-Frank
The coupe won car of the year, not the sedan version. It was also the coupe that was one of CAR AND DRIVERS 10 BEST for 03 and 04.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts