Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is how the story ends. My B&M shifter sheared a bolt, and when they fixed it, they changed how it was mounted slightly, so I got a lot more road noise in. It needs a clutch. The rear end whine is now to the point where I can hear it. Plus my little mishap with the median, although it was repaired well and drives better than new with the Goodyears and a good alignment it just took the bloom off the car.
About 1-1/2 months ago I drove an 06 C6 with the 6 speed auto and the paddle shifters. I fell in love with it. I also just got a raise that amounts to about 5,000 a month more money. I bought a C6 last night. It's Victory Red with an Ebony interior. They took 2000 off the sticker, never thought I'd get that, and gave me $23,500 for the GTO with 14,500 miles.
I had paid to get on a Z06 list, but they were telling me it might be February before I got one. They applied my deposit to the C6.
So I'm off to the Corvette Forum. I'll still stop back to visit and share LS2 info that I get over there.
Good Luck to all and God Bless.
Fergy

G

·
If u hammer a GTO into the ground that fast ... hmmm .. might not be the car bro :rofl: ... anyhow good luck .. chevys are harder to kill... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vedli said:
If u hammer a GTO into the ground that fast ... hmmm .. might not be the car bro :rofl: ... anyhow good luck .. chevys are harder to kill... :willy: :party:
I'm not quite sure what you mean about hammering. I had a Camaro that survived more than 200 passes at the strip. I've also had a couple cars get to just over and just under 300,000 miles. There is also no reason why I couldn't have done the same with the GTO. New clutch, new shifter, and a trip to the dealer to complain about a rear-end whine and she was as good as new.

I'll throw my .02 here. The B&M shifter works great but does not hold up. How many have leaks and such. Hurst has been saying they are going to release a shifter in 2-3 weeks for about a year. I wonder if they are having the same issues B&M is and just catching it before releasing it. I've heard good things about the GMM.
The clutch is not heavy enough for the weight of the car and the power it has, especially for the 05's and the modded 04's. That's easily fixed though.
All in all I liked the car enough that a Co-worker is picking his up tommorrow from my recommendation. He's getting an auto. It is almost impossible to find a better road car for under 50,000. As a matter of fact, until the Shelby comes out, The Elise, and the Vette, I don't think you can find a better performance car for under 50k. Elise Dealers have been marking those up 10-15k and the Ford dealers are going to jack the Shelby's price through the roof.

G

·
PSSSHT, if I got a $5k raise, A MONTH, id buy a GTO and send it to Lingenfelter for his 1200hp 427TT package, buy another GTO and have it built for a 500shot of nitrous, then buy a Z06 with a 427TT package, and have a Cadillac Escalade as a daily driver.

Oh yeah, I would have expensive lifestyles.

Instead, I have a cheese sandwich and a cavalier parked outside. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.