Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

The FINAL round of voting for the GTO calendar contest is underway!! This is the round that counts and ends Sunday Night, Oct. 24th. The top 13 vote getters will be published in the 2011 Pontiac GTO Calendar.

Don't forget to get your pre-orders in too! We are extending our 15% discount through Nov. 15th. Please show us your support and place an order today.

Goooood luck to everyone! The newer generation GTO's have much more representation, but there's a few older generation GTO's in the running still!

Thanks,

MC

·
Registered
944 Posts
So you don't sell a kind of best of the best? I'd like a calendar with the highest vote getters from each category.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We've actually considered that, it'd be hard because there's more than 13 contests, so we'd somehow have to just pick 13. It's definitely something we can pursue, depending on the interest out there for one.

So you don't sell a kind of best of the best? I'd like a calendar with the highest vote getters from each category.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I did the GTO, but would still like a 'best of'. If not a 'best of', what about an all Pontiac, Chevy, Ford, MOPAR? Hmm, I'd love one with multiple Pontiacs even more than a 'best of' I guess. One that commemorated the end of Pontiac would be really amazing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cover and Rear Cover Pics!!

Hey all, here's a shot of the front and rear covers (rear cover shows the winners and what the layout will look like). All winners will be getting an email soon to sort out shipping their free copies.

Thanks to all who participated!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
only two classic GTO's out of thirteen....really????? how about best of every year
TRUST me when I say, we tried like hell to get more classics in this calendar. We'll probably have a classics-only calendar for next year in addition to the late model calendar.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah, I got mine and I was shocked. All new GTOs are the same same when it comes down to it. I was really hoping for classics.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, that's a disappointment. Looks like I'll be buying the GTO calendar I saw at Barnes and Noble the other day instead of tihs one.

Bear
Man, I was just at Barnes & Noble yesterday, was looking specifically for a GTO calendar and did not find one. Maybe I need to get the hell out of Kalifornia. :shutme

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Man, I was just at Barnes & Noble yesterday, was looking specifically for a GTO calendar and did not find one. Maybe I need to get the hell out of Kalifornia. :shutme
My bride used to manage a B&N store until she "retired" to become a happy housewife (and I love it), so I know that calendars in those stores are pretty much done "in bulk" - the stores don't order specific calendars. They're not returnable to the publishers (like lots of the books are) so after the first of the year when they start to lose their value/appeal, they go on sale heavily discounted, then what doesn't sell just gets trashed. So, inventory from store to store is going to vary all over the place. I bet the other big book stores might have them too.

Bear

1 - 17 of 17 Posts