Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a trip from central Florida to Pittsburgh. The car loves the highway. I got out of it in Pittsburgh after 14 1/2 hrs of 1 day drive time and didn't feel tired at all. It felt like I had made a 250 mile trip instead of a 1000 mile trip.
The car got 24.5 mpg on the highway parts, and that was running 78-82 most of the way.
I was only 75 miles into the trip and passed a FHP on the side of the road at 78. I realized I had forgotten to turn the detector on, but didn't think he would come after me for only 8 over. Sure enough he pulled out and came up quick. As he caught up to me, he slowly passed, checking the car out. Then he gave me a thumbs up and pulled over to wait for a victim. I also got another thumbs up from a South Carolina trooper.
These things must be rare in Pittsburgh, twice I came back to the car after running into a convenience store to find 3-6 people checking the car out. I didn't see another one while there. I did see a ton of G6's which is something you don't see in Florida. The G6 coupe IMO is fairly nice looking.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Very true!! I love the look on peoples faces when you and GTODEALER2 drive by, then my car w/l.t.'s and loudmouth, then DFWGTO's turbo car comes screaming by....... it's cool enough to see one, but when you get four different views of the cars... that's gotta be cool! :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.