Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
Awesome... I was signed up to bring my 69 on the tour, but just a few weeks beforehand one of my #722's developed a crack in an exhaust port and my replacement Edelbrocks didn't arrive until last Thursday morning.

Hoping to do the whole tour next year though!

Bear

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It was a lot of fun, Bear. I'll be doing it again next year in a different car. 3.90 gears and a close-ratio 4-speed are not the ideal set up for the Power Tour. I will be going for my long hauler status next time and just can't stand the thought of seven days of 3,200+ RPMs just to keep up.

I highly recommend the experience to any gearhead.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
It was a lot of fun, Bear. I'll be doing it again next year in a different car. 3.90 gears and a close-ratio 4-speed are not the ideal set up for the Power Tour.
I've got 3.50's in mine, but with a TH400 and a converter that stalls around 3200... I've been thinking about a Gear Vendors OD.

You've got a gorgeous car, btw.. :cheers

Bear

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Bear, appreciate it.

I'm a little mad at myself for using the CB with the magnetic antenna for the tour. It messed up the clearcoat/paint a bit. Hopefully I can buff it out or something.

Life goes on.

·
Registered
69 Posts
........ I'm a little mad at myself for using the CB with the magnetic antenna for the tour. It messed up the clearcoat/paint a bit. Hopefully I can buff it out or something.

Life goes on.

Know what you mean. I thought they were a neat and easy piece of equipment for occasional CB use, but encountered the same problem as you did. After that I used hand - held.

By the way ... nice Judge. And I like the way you parked in Miami ... straddling two parking bays keeps ths door bangers at bay.

Must be enjoyable going to work each day and being confronted with all those great muscle cars.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Great pics. Sweet looking Goat. Looks like you had an awesome time. I have to say it, though. That potatoe must have been friggin delicious.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great pics. Sweet looking Goat. Looks like you had an awesome time. I have to say it, though. That potatoe must have been friggin delicious.
That wasn't just a potato. That was a Monster Potato! And yes, it was awesome. We took a wrong turn and happened upon that guy in a parking lot. Sometimes wrong turns yield excellent results!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts