Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May 1969 I bought a 1969 GTO Judge. It stickered for $4,300. There were 6 of them at Superior Pontiac. One yellow automatic, one green stick and four Carosel red ones. I picked the Carosel red one in the showroom. It was a mid priced model, 400 CI, 366 HP, Hurst 4 speed, 3:55 posi, hood tach, buckets and console. The first 500 Judges came with the 66 tri- power stick cams. Mine was one of them. No air or tinted windows just a AM radio. A real drag car for the day. I took it to the drag strip and it would turn 13.8's on a good day, pure stock form. It was faster than about 98% of the stock muscle cars of the day. Still have the car, has about 65,000 miles on it and haven't driven it in about 20 years but I do maintain it and start it up a couple times a year. I have the owners manual, pro-tect-o plate, window sticker and bill of sale. I want to get it back on the road again. I need new brakes and lines all around, motor and trans mounts, clutch and pressure plate, ( 3rd clutch ) universal joints and fuel lines. Re ImageUploadedByAG Free1412290695.063134.jpg chrome back bumper and repainted the enduro bumper. Be just like new again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Thanks for the great post. Exactly what the folks out here want to read about. Nothing like an original owner car with an original owner from Day One. Glad you kept it all these years.....now all you have to do is drive it! I was too young to buy one new, but have owned GTO's since they were used 10 year old cars. One thing, at least in my case, is true: I enjoy them more and more with each passing year. I'll bet you will, too, when you start driving it again. Congrats, and keep us updated with pictures!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
That is beautiful car. Please, get it back on the road and drive it. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts