Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the DVD "The Last Ride" with Dennis Hopper. I already saw the movie before, kind of lame, but I noticed on the DVD cover under Special Features that there is a feature titled "GTO Test Drive", so for $9 I thought why not. It is a very good 20 minutes or so special from the Speed Channel for the 2004 GTO. While the movie is ok, the test drive feature is definitely worth the $9.

I have seen other Speed Channel features on the 04 & 05 GTO, this one however was new to me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
sounds like I'm going to have to look for that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh, more movie trivia- anyone see the movie Stealth? There is a scene where they are in Alaska (I *think*) and the guys "getaway car" is a black GTO. I had drove my wife absolutely nuts trying to rewind and pause it on time and check it out lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kwiktsi said:
sounds like I'm going to have to look for that one. Thanks for the heads up!

Oh, more movie trivia- anyone see the movie Stealth? There is a scene where they are in Alaska (I *think*) and the guys "getaway car" is a black GTO. I had drove my wife absolutely nuts trying to rewind and pause it on time and check it out lol.
That movie was alright, I just wish the GTO scene would have been a little longer. I guess it's kind of true to life, don't see GTO's around that much, and when you do, whoosh, there gone! :lol:

·
Registered
228 Posts
DAH GTO said:
That movie was alright, I just wish the GTO scene would have been a little longer. I guess it's kind of true to life, don't see GTO's around that much, and when you do, whoosh, there gone! :lol:
:agree

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wasn't my favorite movie of all time, acting was mediocre, plot was blah- but it was good entertainment for an hour and a half. I have watched it a couple of times- it is a good "background" movie for when you are doing other things but want to watch something too.
Joe

·
Registered
271 Posts
The "LAST RIDE" Rocks! ok it was kind of corney but it had a GTO in it! Besides LAST RIDE and Stealth does anyone know if the New Gen. GTO is in any other movie? I collect movies with my vehicles in them. I know it's stupid but I like it!

·
Registered
271 Posts
That's Right! I cant believe I forgot that one. It's got a VW bus (my other toy) in it too. I'd like to see a "Herbie" with a 1600cc lump try to take me :D Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
GTO also has a small cameo in "Be Cool" with John Travolta, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Vince Vaughn, Uma Thurman and the list goes on.....Anyway, the scene where The Rock and Vaughn get out of their car and start yelling at each other and The Rock chases Vaughn around the car a few times. Look close, there is a Black GTO parked right next to them. I love seeing my car in flicks. I thought it was cool to see in Stealth too, even if the movie wasn't that good. Although, Jessica Biel kinda made up where the movie lacked.....she's always nice to look at :eek: :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.